Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Ashburn, VA USA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Not knowing you or your situation, I'll offer up the reasons why I chose to purchase the extended warranty.
1. I've entered a life stage where I have less time to fix a broken bike.
2. If I can't be riding, I'd rather spend my time doing something other than fixing a broken bike.
3. I do a few long distance trips each year and the extended warranty has me covered no matter where I am, and has some nice reimbursement features.
4. I got a smokin' deal on the GSXS and had money to spare, so I decided to invest in peace-of-mind (and leisure).
5. I spent years wrenching on my bikes, particularly at the track. I decided to retire from both and to spend more time with family and pursuing new interests.
Having said that, I bought a Suzuki for its reliability. Some folks in my circle will say I wasted my money, and there's a part of me that expects to never have to use the extended warranty. I'll find out for sure in 6 years.
Hope this helps.