GSXS 1000 high speed riding - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

 14Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 02-24-2019, 09:12 PM
DDay
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
GSXS 1000 high speed riding

What has your experience been with sustained high-speed riding on the GSXS 1000? How fast did you go and for how long and how did your bike behave during that time ?
post #2 of 19 Old 02-25-2019, 01:48 AM
Senior Member
 
My Name Is Jeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 265
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Do you work for law enforcement?
I always stick to the speed limit
dekker likes this.
My Name Is Jeff is online now  
post #3 of 19 Old 02-25-2019, 02:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Jorider61's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: NY
Posts: 303
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
My meeting spot is about 90 miles from home, I take the Teconic parkway north nice twisty highway no trucks. There has been a few times early sunday morning I let it rip 80-110 for about 60 miles. The bike performed perfectly, I have the F model so the wind was not a problem.
Jorider61 is offline  
 
post #4 of 19 Old 02-25-2019, 02:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 355
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Garage
On a track day last year on my S. Showing an indicated 230 km/hr down the back straight of the Bruce McLaren international circuit in NZ. In most respects, it was an anticlimax, simply "point and squirt" until the braking marker. Too much focus on what I was doing to fully enjoy the moment! I must say that the bike performed impeccably with no anxious moments at all apart from my own anxiety about late braking .

On public highways, the greatest kick for me is nailing a bend sequence in terms of positioning. In other words, riding well rather than riding fast. Maybe it's because I'm an old fart at 71 and won't bounce too well If I get it wrong
LEAVEITSTOCK, twag4 and bob37748 like this.
Kiwi Geoff is offline  
post #5 of 19 Old 02-25-2019, 04:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,849
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 577 Post(s)
most highway ride are 80 to 110 mph...for both long and short distance ...as getting closer to home and we know the roads better we open the up till max then back down often....get higher speeds closer to home because we know where not stopping for blue lights or any car trying to gain on us...know the roads and where where going
LEAVEITSTOCK is online now  
post #6 of 19 Old 02-25-2019, 09:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 718
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
I made the trip from Orlando to fort lauderdale in just over 2hr...bike was beautiful the entire way....usually a 3hr trip.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dqban is offline  
post #7 of 19 Old 02-26-2019, 12:03 AM
Senior Member
 
My Name Is Jeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 265
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Geoff View Post
On a track day last year on my S. Showing an indicated 230 km/hr down the back straight of the Bruce McLaren international circuit in NZ. In most respects, it was an anticlimax, simply "point and squirt" until the braking marker. Too much focus on what I was doing to fully enjoy the moment! I must say that the bike performed impeccably with no anxious moments at all apart from my own anxiety about late braking .

On public highways, the greatest kick for me is nailing a bend sequence in terms of positioning. In other words, riding well rather than riding fast. Maybe it's because I'm an old fart at 71 and won't bounce too well If I get it wrong
You need one of those Air Bag vests to help you bounce better
My Name Is Jeff is online now  
post #8 of 19 Old 02-26-2019, 12:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 355
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name Is Jeff View Post
You need one of those Air Bag vests to help you bounce better
A couple of my friends have them and have never had the need to use them. Maybe that's the secret
Kiwi Geoff is offline  
post #9 of 19 Old 02-26-2019, 12:30 AM
Senior Member
 
My Name Is Jeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 265
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Geoff View Post
A couple of my friends have them and have never had the need to use them. Maybe that's the secret
Seemed like a good idea at the time!
My Name Is Jeff is online now  
post #10 of 19 Old 02-26-2019, 05:15 AM
Junior Member
 
nellydean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Red face 152mph true/164mph indicated no problems, steady as a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDay View Post
What has your experience been with sustained high-speed riding on the GSXS 1000? How fast did you go and for how long and how did your bike behave during that time ?
Last year on the German Autobahns I cruised at 100+mph with luggage for sustained periods, maxing out at 152 on the sat nav(without luggage, hitting the rev limiter, steady as a rock all of the time
oldjackbob likes this.
nellydean is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome