How i saved my Bike - Review of Phuket Paul's Full System Exhaust - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

7Likes
  • 7 Post By CtrlU

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2019, 05:55 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
How i saved my Bike - Review of Phuket Paul's Full System Exhaust

Yes, This was how i literally saved a machine which was born crippled.

To be exact a Motor that would dethrone others by a huge margin to win the World Superbike Title. and the Name was Born, The Legendary K5!!!

One of the Greatest Engines Ever Built.

That was In 2005.. 10 Years Down the Line, Japanese engineers still looked back at the wonder they created, and was puzzled over why they were not able to make something that never came even close to it.

As the saying goes the Legend never dies. So did the K5 reincarnate into its tamed avatar. The Motor was brutally abused from being detuned the sh!t out to Suffocating it with Euro emission norms. But still it was hard to kill it off. even in its tamed form, it made sure that the [email protected] who twists the throttle had the widest Grin ever on mother earth.

Such badass was the motor, that post 8000 revs you really wished you had your last prayer, cuz all you could do is to hold on to the handle bar for dear life, as the guardian angels will take care of the rest.

2016 i got my hands on the beast for the first time, every time i twist the throttle, i could feel the cry within. i knew this was not how it was meant to be. the snatchy throttle, the torque dip, the handling etc etc. did 255 km/hr on stock, but knew it had way more to go.. It was suffocating and i knew i had to do something. i need to save it. it was time to unleash the power within.

Searched forums for answers, only solution was a full exhaust mod and an ecu reflash. Searched my place every where for flashers and tuners but couldn't find one for my bike. was disappointed and frustrated. i thought i was done and had to live with the issues.

Fast Forward to 2018, something interesting caught my eye on the forum. A man named Paul had come up with a dedicated woolich racing flash and a custom exhaust with longer secondaries for his bike. dwelled deeper into it, and found the numbers to be impressive. The dyno charts showed a definite improvement over stock, gone are the torque dips and power was everywhere. I was excited, I finally found the answer. This was it. I knew i had to get my hands on it somehow. I need to meet this guy.

PMed Paul, had a chat, asked him whether he could make an exhaust for me as same as his, and he said he would be glad to help out.

and off i went to Phuket with my ECU , to meet this interesting guy who had a passion for what he loved most, Bikes... Bikes and Bikes... there is nothing that this guy has not tinkered with in his bike. from suspension to headlights you name it.

Met him with his Bike. and all i could say when i got to hear his revs, my face was plastered with a big smile. relieved to be honest. Gave him my ECU, and got my shiny new system in 3 days. My heart was trembling with joy on the inside, like a little kid who got his favourite candy.

Came back home, but took a month for the install, yes the wait was painstaking as i had to order from USA a torque wrench and copper gaskets to get a good seal.

Installation went haywire as i dint get a good clearance between the secondary pipes and the oil sump. my wrong as i torqued the headers in place before fitting the pipes in place. had to reinstall and all was good to go.

I still remember the first time i turned on the bike. the sound was soooo loud and angry, i went OMG.... revved a little and foot long flames came shooting out and i went OMFG....

Sh!t made me scare a little, i knew i had something dangerous to deal with now. no longer was it a tamed beast anymore, it was an outright Monster ready to obliterate anything on its path.

Took her out for a ride, all i can say is the difference is Night and Day. This was how the bike was supposed to begin with.

So much power in low end, bloody thing wheelies with ease. gone is the horrible engine braking, instantly changed the handling characteristics of the bike. The bike is so much more nimble now and easily falls into corners with ease. no more scared to throttle mid corner, as the snatch is gone. i couldn't have been more happy.

Well thats for the twisties, some days later i went for a highway blast to test out the true power of my bike along with with my mates who owned R1, S1000RRs etc. Holy Mother of God.... never in my life i could have dreamt that i would Smoke an S1000RR, and thats what happened. Am still in Aww and so are they wondering WTF has just happened... This thing accelerates like there is no tomorrow. The sound as you give the revs is really something, It sounds like MOTOGP now , truly something else now. Its totally another frequency of sound as you give it the revs, and my mates got caught by surprise.

At the end of the day we were all smiling at how something tame was turned into a real beast. Yes it was worth it, The K5 is reborn. and I just love it.

Paul... Thank you so much brother, it was so kind off you to help me out. and for others who have ordered the full system from paul all i can say is that the wait is worth everything

Cheers
Old 03-26-2019, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Garage
Awaiting with baited breath.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:57 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 210 Post(s)
You lost me at "got my shiny new system in 3 days". Must be the advantage of living close by.

Still, good to hear that Paul's system is such an improvement over the stock exhaust.

Can't wait to get it installed on my bike. Kinda wish I had sprung for the full system with end can now.

2016 GSXS1000F
2007 Honda VTX 1800F3

Old 03-26-2019, 09:50 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
When I saw the title of this new post, I thought "awesome, some one has finally received Paul's custom headers"! Then I read the OP picked them up in person. I take it still no one has received shipment?
Old 03-26-2019, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapido1 View Post
When I saw the title of this new post, I thought "awesome, some one has finally received Paul's custom headers"! Then I read the OP picked them up in person. I take it still no one has received shipment?
Nah, not yet. Other end of the earth though so Patience is a virtue, or some such!

I'm happy to see another glowing review though!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in