4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 04-05-2019, 06:16 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question Nitron shock

Ok so anyone here using a Nitron shock, if you are what do you think of it ? Im thinking of replacing STD one with either an R2 or R3 with the hydraulic pre load adjuster. Do you think the R3 is overkill for what will be a road bike only, no track stuff. There is only £90 difference in price so R3 ? Comments and opinions all welcome.

"I arrive. I see... is possible. I go fast. I WIN!" - Valentino Rossi

Last edited by Delboy777; 04-05-2019 at 06:20 AM.
post #2 of 16 Old 04-05-2019, 06:23 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
I bought the R2 with HPA for my F.

Its not fitted yet which turned out to be good news as I wrote my bike off a few weeks ago!

Intend to buy another F in the next month (after i can use my rebuilt shoulder) and will fit my new Nitron to that

I chose the R2 over R3 as I don't have the suspension setup skills or do enough track time to really dial it in. R3 really is a Pro level bit of kit though.

I know nothing and welcome the opportunity to share my knowledge with anyone crazy enough to take it

Last edited by Simon W; 04-05-2019 at 06:26 AM.
post #3 of 16 Old 04-05-2019, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon W View Post
I bought the R2 with HPA for my F.

Its not fitted yet which turned out to be good news as I wrote my bike off a few weeks ago!

Intend to buy another F in the next month (after i can use my rebuilt shoulder) and will fit my new Nitron to that

I chose the R2 over R3 as I don't have the suspension setup skills or do enough track time to really dial it in. R3 really is a Pro level bit of kit though.
Yeah, for all the difference in price i thought id maybe do the 3. Ive been watching a load of Dave Moss vids on utube, there are hundreds of them, and i think, given his guidance in the vids, i could possibly get an R3 set up properly given time. Not sure though.

post #4 of 16 Old 04-05-2019, 03:55 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Garage
I have the NTR1 nice and simple, works great.

I've got enough to cope with at the front forks. If there are things to twiddle with it's hard to leave them alone and I'm never satisfied.
Simon W and Delboy777 like this.

Blue Naked 2015 ABS model. PCV, Nitron Ntr-1 shock, MRA screen(modified) Puig crash bungs, HEL lines and EBC-HH pads, job done. (Riding since 1959.)
post #5 of 16 Old 04-06-2019, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekker View Post
I have the NTR1 nice and simple, works great.

I've got enough to cope with at the front forks. If there are things to twiddle with it's hard to leave them alone and I'm never satisfied.
Maybe i will go that route too, im not sure. I really dont need a race quality shock but something better than standard would probably do. Wonder what would be best with the forks, a cartridge kit or just some better springs ? Dont know.

post #6 of 16 Old 04-06-2019, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Garage
Check out PhuketPaul's website. He has an option for upgrading that is a lot less expensive. He has an adapter that makes a R1 shock fit perfectly. I picked up attached off eBay - for a fraction of the price of a Nitron, etc......
Delboy777 likes this.

Last edited by GSXS-NH; 08-05-2019 at 05:17 PM.
post #7 of 16 Old 04-06-2019, 10:24 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXS-NH View Post
Check out PhuketPaul's website. He has an option for upgrading that is a lot less expensive. He has an adapter that makes a R1 shock fit perfectly. I picked up attached off eBay - for a fraction of the price of a Nitron, etc......
Did he get the adapters back from the vendor? Iíve been waiting on him to post something about it, I didnít want to be a nag.

Slow is fast
post #8 of 16 Old 04-07-2019, 05:43 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXS-NH View Post
Yup, fair enough but are you not just buying another standard shock, even though its better than the OEM one ? It would probably also need a service or an upgraded spring depending on your weight etc. At least if i was to buy a Nitron it would be custom made for me and my riding style and i would know it would be good for a couple of years before it required a service. Unfortunately i dont get as many miles in as id like so a couple of years between services would be fine i think. Im not saying your wrong, each to their own and i suppose if the R1 shock was cheap enough it would make sense. Which year bike did it come from do you know or do they all fit. Regards, Del

post #9 of 16 Old 04-07-2019, 06:35 AM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packmule View Post
Did he get the adapters back from the vendor? Iíve been waiting on him to post something about it, I didnít want to be a nag.

Message me that he was picking mine up from powder coating and shipping last Tuesday (April 2) along with my headers.
post #10 of 16 Old 04-07-2019, 08:20 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Let us know if you actually get those headers. Some of us have been waiting a long time with no results. It would be good to know they actually exist.

2016 GSXS1000F
2007 Honda VTX 1800F3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page