GSXS 1000 Forum banner

R1 shock

10K views 42 replies 16 participants last post by  Packmule 
#1 · (Edited)
Can I just fit the R1 shock without Paul's adaptor ? .am I understanding that it just helps to bring the bike back to stock height ?. I'd like to fit it and when Paul comes back i can purchase the adaptor . Thanks for any advice .I have a new 2018 R1 shock with 0 miles on it be a shame to waste it .

#7 · (Edited)
This was from the Facebook page...

Karan Riyakarn ----- "After 100 kms of riding. I can say, this upgrade give a lot of improvements to ride comfort and control. The OEM shock for sometime its like to throw me off my seat when I hit big bump or pot holes (with proper OEM suspension adjustment). Now those issues are gone, the R1 shock give me much more feedback, stable in high speed, and what the most suprise me is it a lot of comfort than the OEM (with the right setting, hint it offers you a lot). Lastly this upgrade is just cost me 220 buck for the adaptor, shock, and installation."

However, I think he lives in Thialand.

#18 ·
Sorry to resurrect an ageing post but I thought the adapter was there to give clearance for the reservoir on the shock. Apparently in stock form the shock is too long so to allow for the adapter you have to cut the ride height adjuster down so it will then give the right ride height with the adapter?
If there's enough clearance at the top for the reservoir without the adaptor I'm tempted to simply try an MT10 shock, failing that I shall give up and go aftermarket manufacturer. :D

#12 ·
No reply from PAUL SINCE APRIL 16. Facebook,messenger or Pm from Gsxs forum that I c'ant send message because is mail box is full. D'ont know what to think now, we may never see the parts that we have bought from him. I d'ont think I am going to wait much longer before opening a case with PayPall. Hope I am wrong and he will finaly send what we have paid for.

#15 ·
Poor bugger. What’s wrong with him. Is he going to be okay?
He’s done too much for the good of this forum to receive some of the slating he had on here, even though I fully understand money involved from a virtual stranger, I hope he’s alright and back back on top soon [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#23 ·
Been watching the pro-fusion Facebook page daily and no updates in over a week. The owner might be away. He has replied to every message but nothing from him for a while now. After the Paul nonsense this doesn't feel right. Initially pictures were posted and testing began. Now he has manufactured it and more testing... i wish businesses in the moto world would get their act together. There are guaranteed customers for this **** thing. I've been sitting on my r1 shock for months. /rant over.

#24 ·
Beeza62

I received a refund from PayPal today for my R1 shock adapter that I bought and paid for from Paul Nebbs, so PayPal could not get in touch with him either. I had been in touch with pro-fusion as I also have bought the shock and don’t want to waste it, but have not heard from them for over a week and if you go to there Facebook page no one seems to be home! Is there anyone else who manufactures these adapters?

#25 ·
I received a refund from PayPal today for my R1 shock adapter that I bought and paid for from Paul Nebbs, so PayPal could not get in touch with him either. I had been in touch with pro-fusion as I also have bought the shock and don’t want to waste it, but have not heard from them for over a week and if you go to there Facebook page no one seems to be home! Is there anyone else who manufactures these adapters?

Breath

pro fusion is our only hope,

I’m on the waiting list for a shock adapter and radiator guard he will get to us when he starts to produce them his first prototype was just made

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#26 ·
Here's hoping they are out riding testing the adapter and having so much fun they forgot to update their facebook page. Of course, it's not unusual for businesses to not update facebook regularly, it's a means of communication and if there's nothing new to communicate and they are busy working on orders, it won't get an update.

#30 ·
TBH I am slightly wary of them until I hear that people have actually got their products from them.
If only we had someone in the UK that could possibly arrange for a face to face pickup of the part. Maybe they could explain the reluctance of their potential customers and that person could see the in stock parts ready to go, and then maybe report back on their experience with said product. That'd be awesome. ;)

#37 ·
I raised the rear of my hayabusa almost an inch to help with turn in and ground clearance , 1/2 is not near as noticeable with the stock 50 tire. Go to a 55 and it turns in rather quickly but still fine for me. My group is advanced group track riders so our pace is pretty quick.

#38 ·
I have bought the decat pipe and a rad guard from Oli Jones here in the UK both are OK especially for the price but wish I had been a little patient and bought the lextek headers as the actual decaying cost a lot in labour and I cant go back to stock if I sell the bike.
Also wish I had been patient and not bought an R! shock. There are going to be a lot of R1 based table lamps about

#40 ·
If you pm me I will send you pics or I can post on Facebook. This site refuses to allow me to go any farther than uploading files. After I uploaded them I’m stuck, it won’t do anything after that. I despise trying to load pics here for that reason.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.