• 1 Post By Kernow

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 05-02-2019, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Beware strada 7 levers

Just recieved a set of short strada 7 levers , at £80 and looking at the blurb on misanomotoimports website I was expecting some nice levers .
Well on first sight the packaging looked cheap and nasty and the levers didn’t seem that great with a bit of play in the pivots and joints and just metal to metal on the adjuster , no bearing
Clutch first , the slot for the cable is very deep so I had much less free play on the adjuster , which wasn’t really an issue when I tightened the pivot bolt the lever became tight and didn’t return .
Then the brake , I noticed much less lever movement before the brake applied , the lever was holding the push rod to the master in a lot further than standard and just pushing the bike back and forth in the garage I could feel the brake binding very slightly .
My worry is a less experienced person would maybe not notice this , and the brake could possibly get hot and bind worse if the bike was ridden .
Obviously Iam returning them , but just to say how misleading the description and online appearance of these levers was , obviously no better than Chinese cheapos with a little logo applied to make punters believe they are good because they cost a lot more .
Looks like Iam going to have to fork out for some or similar to get anything I can trust .
mike d likes this.
post #2 of 2 Old 05-02-2019, 11:01 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks for the heads up.
I've had poor experience with Chinese ebay levers before and have written them off. Some didn't fit, others fit, but the black anodizing turned to poop brown in a matter of months. I stick with name brand levers now and have had good luck with Pazzo's (not sure... they still might be made in china, but at least the specs are driven by a reputable manufacturer that stand behind their product).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page