24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 05-03-2019, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
This bike has spoiled me

Have been doing a bit of riding last few weeks and after two years of ownership i still like this bike as much as the day I bought it. The handling blows me away every time I want to wick it up in the twisties. Almost telepathic with a good set of tires and suspension set up. The best thing is you don't have to wring its neck to go fast. You can make can very quick time on a curvy road without much effort or ever breaking 7k, just surf the torque curve. Makes it almost relaxing to go fast. The only down side to ownership is my bagger hardly gets ridden. Its feels like a chore to ride compared the GSX. Thing is, its a great bike! I always liked dirt bikes and standard bikes. Never had the itch for a super sport. I bought a bagger thinking I would ride slower but the only thing it did was make me realize riding around slow is BS. Think I will be washing the bagger this weekend and putting her for sale.

Some of the proceeds will be going towards exhaust and suspension for the GSX
dekker, Beaker, Nikga and 5 others like this.
post #2 of 18 Old 05-03-2019, 06:27 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
I know how you feel about selling your touring bike . I never ride my FJ-09 but I won't sell it, it's too darn comfy. I do like it the colder months, plus I feel the bike is worth more to me than what I can get and I don't need the money
post #3 of 18 Old 05-03-2019, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorider61 View Post
I know how you feel about selling your touring bike . I never ride my FJ-09 but I won't sell it, it's too darn comfy. I do like it the colder months, plus I feel the bike is worth more to me than what I can get and I don't need the money
I wouldn't sell the FJ-09 either! Great motor in that bike. My tourer is a 800lb 113cu v-twin beast. I just can't come to terms with its weight and its effect on handling. I had a H-D 1200 Custom that I enjoyed riding. I guess at 57 I'm just not ready yet for a geezer glide haha.

post #4 of 18 Old 05-03-2019, 08:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharger View Post
I wouldn't sell the FJ-09 either! Great motor in that bike. My tourer is a 800lb 113cu v-twin beast. I just can't come to terms with its weight and its effect on handling. I had a H-D 1200 Custom that I enjoyed riding. I guess at 57 I'm just not ready yet for a geezer glide haha.
I will never be ready for a HD. Several guys I ride with are late 60ís early 70ís age and they still can roll.

Slow is fast
post #5 of 18 Old 05-04-2019, 07:37 AM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharger View Post
Oh a HD they are big dollar bikes, they also hold their value. Good luck with the sale , this is the right time of year to unload it.
post #6 of 18 Old 05-11-2019, 10:11 PM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Selling the bagger and using the money to upgrade the suspension on the GSX-S sounds like a genius move. A man that understands what is important (SUSPENSION!) A good riding bike is good bike to ride. You can go faster, easier and more safely. Or cruise around in more comfort. Both pluses to putting money into suspension, where you actually get return for your dollar.

I'm actually in the same boat right now. My Yamaha Super Tenere is feeling tall and fat and slow. I ride it less and less. Perhaps it needs to find a new owner that can love it and squeeze it and call it George.
mike d and oldjackbob like this.
post #7 of 18 Old 05-11-2019, 10:28 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 529 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog4aday View Post
Selling the bagger and using the money to upgrade the suspension on the GSX-S sounds like a genius move. A man that understands what is important (SUSPENSION!) A good riding bike is good bike to ride. You can go faster, easier and more safely. Or cruise around in more comfort. Both pluses to putting money into suspension, where you actually get return for your dollar.

I'm actually in the same boat right now. My Yamaha Super Tenere is feeling tall and fat and slow. I ride it less and less. Perhaps it needs to find a new owner that can love it and squeeze it and call it George.
I just replaced my rear shock with a K-Tech Razor R and it's such a nice improvement.
frog4aday likes this.
post #8 of 18 Old 05-12-2019, 06:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
I know what you mean. I bought my F three years ago because I was worried about putting too many miles on my Ducati Diavel. I ended up selling the Diavel and haven’t looked back. Still have stock suspension but the roads are pretty smooth around here.
frog4aday likes this.
post #9 of 18 Old 05-12-2019, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog4aday View Post

Exactly. I was going to do the exhaust too, but an incident on my last ride has me reconsidering that and appreciating the stealth of the stock exhaust. I was heading up a twisty road and while not going too crazy, I was certainly not doing the speed limit. Came around a slow corner and there was a cop writing a ticket to guy in a car. The cop didn't even look at me while I rolled past. He could not hear me hauling butt up that hill.

I kinda like that
mike d and Packmule like this.
post #10 of 18 Old 05-12-2019, 11:10 AM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Supercharger, you are displaying great wisdom! Yep, loud pipes are nothing but a cop magnet. Just no point to them. You WILL get noticed, but in all the wrong ways. EVERYONE sees you when you are 'having fun' and with cell phones (and video) so prolific, it is just too easy for someone to HEAR YOU COMING, whip out the phone, then capture you for posterity (and perhaps legal/judicial review) for your antics. It is so much better to remain "stealth" and enjoy your fun without drawing negative attention. By the time people see/notice you...you're gone! The pipe on the GSX-S is already on the rowdy side for a stock pipe. Save the $ and buy more tires and gas )
Rusty likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page