4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 Old 05-08-2019, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Reflashed or power commander 5 .

Just went to a bike shop and it's quite a good one guy used to race himself and he said that reflashing your ECU is a gimmick and know good there are better options . Please give me your opinions on this as I've believed that reflashing is better ,well Paul reckons anyway in one of his videos . Cheers ..
post #2 of 27 Old 05-08-2019, 09:00 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
To say a flash is a gimmick versus a power commander it's just wrong... they are either both gimmics or just different approaches..... Anyone with any bike knowledge would know the difference.

No need to explain why since it is discussed extensively elsewhere in the forum.

Does he sell power commander and not do the ECU flash?.... that would explain a lot
post #3 of 27 Old 05-08-2019, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
dqban , your bang on right he is just trying to sell the power commander and doesn't do reflash . You just can't trust any of these bike shop it drives me mad , wish I had the knowledge and experience to do these things myself or someone I could trust . A reflash is only for diesel engines hahaha where his words , what a joke .

post #4 of 27 Old 05-08-2019, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Flash can change everything that you want changed, all a pc does is cost more and do things less to a less precise. Piggy backs just can’t do what a direct flash can do.
post #5 of 27 Old 05-08-2019, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
My dyno guy who tuned my race bikes said the same thing and he is a authorized FTECU dealer. He prefers PCV5 tuned on a dyno along with the flash to turn the appropriate things off in the ECU. I didn't go that route on my GSX and regret it daily, basically every time I ride the GSX. My flash is the FTECU mail in route, it is not that good even after a redo.

Problem is I cannot just send my ECU to anyone now as it is locked by FTECU.

2016 GSX-S1000
post #6 of 27 Old 05-08-2019, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 261 Post(s)
From what I’ve read, race tuning is awful for streetability. Sorry to hear that, he can’t reset it back to stock? Why not? I figure stock would unlock for others.
post #7 of 27 Old 05-08-2019, 02:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
From what I’ve read, race tuning is awful for streetability. Sorry to hear that, he can’t reset it back to stock? Why not? I figure stock would unlock for others.
He didn't do the flash I sent it to FTECU in Cali. My tuner guy won't do a counter flash, says it's not the way to do it right. FTECU locks the ECU when you mail it in to them.

Bike runs great above 2500 rpm anything under that its a pos imo. I have voiced my opinion to FTECU about it many times over the phone. They're clueless and cover them selves by telling me its a race tune. I replied fine but I could not ride this pos across the paddock to the grid like this with the chain snatching it does and jugging below 2500 rpms in any gear. I got no response from them on it other than it is the suzuki anti stall circuit causing the problem on their flash. I'll go ahead and throw the BS flag on that one too.

2016 GSX-S1000

Last edited by roy826; 05-08-2019 at 02:13 PM.
post #8 of 27 Old 05-08-2019, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy826 View Post
He didn't do the flash I sent it to FTECU in Cali. My tuner guy won't do a counter flash, says it's not the way to do it right. FTECU locks the ECU when you mail it in to them.

Bike runs great above 2500 rpm anything under that its a pos imo. I have voiced my opinion to FTECU about it many times over the phone. They're clueless and cover them selves by telling me its a race tune. I replied fine but I could not ride this pos across the paddock to the grid like this with the chain snatching it does and jugging below 2500 rpms in any gear. I got no response from them on it other than it is the suzuki anti stall circuit causing the problem on their flash. I'll go ahead and throw the BS flag on that one too.
Reach out to Danos and see what he would recommend. That seems mental that they can't flash it back to stock and unlock it. Every tuner I ever used was only locked while the flash was on the ECU. (They were for cars, but I have to imagine its the same)
Everyone on the forum seems really please with what Dano's has done to their ECU.

[email protected]
post #9 of 27 Old 05-08-2019, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Reflashed or power commander 5 .

I have danos also....not bad.

One big advantage power commander has is their dynos and tuning set up....they are everywhere and they have a pretty refined dyno tuning software and system.
Not uncommon at all to run both flash and pc5.
PC is not bad but, doesnt typically fix the things that irk sport bike riders.

Really wish suzuki would let us adjust these things ourselves to some degree...relsease some APIs for their ecu or something.

I love that engine braking is becomming a common adjustable feature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #10 of 27 Old 05-09-2019, 02:07 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
What i suggest is a basic flash, which consists of removing restrictions like fuel cut, secondary butterflies closing, topspeed limit removal ,switching off errors, top speed etc so the bike runs properly as a base setup

and leave the fueling and powering up with power commander, it s much easier and we can make adjustments as many times as we want.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page