12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 Old 05-09-2019, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FTECU ecu flash (BE WARNED)

Don't use them! Even if you could now which I do not see a mail in ecu option anymore. Guess they learned pretty quick you lock a persons ECU and it is not right they have no options left except buy another stock ECU or deal with these yahoos later on getting it back stock and unlocked.

I'm beyond pissed about this. They should at least put a NOTEisclaimer of some sort telling you about the lock out. I gave them two shots at making this mess right and it is still not right. Not even close down low in rpm range 2500k and below basically parking lot speed which I have to coast with my clutch engaged. Thing is unrideable otherwise with jerking and snatching chain. IMO their flash is one big fuel dump is it. Nothing smooth about it.

I've already contacted them and we are done doing business!

2016 GSX-S1000
post #2 of 36 Old 05-09-2019, 04:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Woolich mail in flash is the way to go. Find a tuner near you that will do it, or send it to junction33 dyno in the uk
https://en-gb.facebook.com/DynoDude/

Yam FS1E
Hon CB100
Hon CB200
Suz X7
Suz GS550E
Suz GSX750
Yam 350YPVS
Hon VFR750
Yam RD350(air)
Kaw GT550
Kaw ZZR600
Yam FZ1S
Suz Burgman 650
Hon VFR1200 DCT (Don Guhl ecu flash)
Suz GSXS1000-F-Touring Killed buy a car
Suz GSXR1000 K7
post #3 of 36 Old 05-09-2019, 04:13 PM

Quoted: 261 Post(s)
I think rapido bought a used ecu on eBay quite cheap I want to say like $100? If he sees he can correct me. But that may be worthwhile option. Hate to toot the horn, but if you wanted a safe bet, dano.

I don’t know what country you’re in tho. This makes sense if you’re in USA, but a lot of the members seem to be European based. I think gsxs is more popular there than the us. I’ve only seen one in person and he passed me on the highway once.

Edit again, I see it says Mississippi. I’d consider my first paragraph.

post #4 of 36 Old 05-09-2019, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Already talked to Dano yesterday.
frog4aday likes this.
post #5 of 36 Old 05-09-2019, 05:18 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
The more and more I research this reflash stuff the more I'm convinced it should be done on a Dyno , I'm not contradicting anybody as I'm new to this but iv been really looking into it as I'm putting a full yoshimura system on my 2019 bike . I'll see what my bike is like in a couple of weeks after its done , then I'll take it to be tuned if I think it needs it as I've also been told it won't . ( wheather that's true I'll find out soon .) Watch this space I might eat my words .but I think the only way I'm going to get to the solution is by my own actions as there is just to much opinions all over the internet and bike shops .
Triz-man likes this.
post #6 of 36 Old 05-09-2019, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I totally agree and I do all my racebikes that way. But I was cheap and stupid on the GSX. My dyno tuner earned me and hes even a FTECU dealer. Live and learn.
post #7 of 36 Old 05-09-2019, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Anyone with a stock 2016 non-abs naked have a ecu lying around hit me up. I already tried my dealer hoping suzuki never took back the replacement I got under warranty. Nope they sent it back.
post #8 of 36 Old 05-09-2019, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
In my view just getting bike flashed is a bit hit and miss.
The bike really needs to be tuned on a dyno. Now anyone who really knows about tuning will tell you the same so don't be fooled.
No two bikes are the same even with exactly the same mods.
Like they used to say on that old tv show
BELIEVE IT OR NOT...
Beaker likes this.
post #9 of 36 Old 05-09-2019, 06:50 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Garage
Mine is flashed with FTECU no issues using the install kit for your bike. I'd like to have it dyno tuned though but will wait till I eventually cave and do exhaust. I used one of the provided maps as it fixes a few issues but doesn't give any real bumps in power that I could see. Also recently got the fuel cut turned off which is nice.

My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 | 1998 KTM 250 EXC | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
post #10 of 36 Old 05-09-2019, 07:02 PM

Quoted: 261 Post(s)
I get it, and I agree a dyno is the best way. But doesn’t seem many competent people want to ecu flash, just do what’s easiest which is commander.

I don’t think anyone though regrets the dano flash, you know it won’t be 100% perfect to our bike as they are slightly different from what I understand, but how my bike and others I can imagine. I couldn’t ask for anything more.

I would wager it’s dialed in **** close, only a dyno could get the extra couple hp’s each person basis. We probably wouldn’t even know the difference unless pro racer on a track.

It feels like a perfect riding bike that’s smooth with great power delivery.

If you take a chance I’d wager it on him. Safe bet. I only used him because he used to do my old gsxr flashes and very popular on the gsxr forums, but he didn’t let me or others down. He did fat finger one option on someone’s bike but he did rectify it.

Last edited by FreedomPenguin; 05-09-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page