16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 05-11-2019, 03:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Gsxs 1000 Facebook page .

Why have we not got a Facebook page people ,every bike known to man on there but not us . Oh sorry there is one but not been used . Would someone not like to take over or start one ? .
post #2 of 21 Old 05-11-2019, 07:03 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
There is a UK one, no idea what it is like as I don't/won't use facebook. Found it when searching the Pro Fusion shock adaptor and decat pipe.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1277074332354823/
post #3 of 21 Old 05-11-2019, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylanfz View Post
Why have we not got a Facebook page people ,every bike known to man on there but not us . Oh sorry there is one but not been used . Would someone not like to take over or start one ? .
I've never had a Facebook account, and never will.

I have never had ANY social media account and never will.

I can't stand seeing everyone on the road around me looking down at their phones instead of watching where the **** they're going! They're so addicted to texting on Facebook and Twitter that they're truly powerless to tear their attention away from their phone to see what's ahead of them on the road. During a 5-month span of time in 2015-2016 I had both family cars get totaled by being hit from behind by some social media addict who had their head buried in their phone instead of paying attention to the fact that traffic had come to a complete stop ahead of them!

Texas (and my hometown Arlington) has laws against texting while driving, but I've never seen them enforced, so no one pays the laws any regard.

I commute on my bike. At any given stop light, it's a certainty that several of the cars surrounding me will have the drivers with their faces buried in their phones. It makes me want to jump off the bike and reach into those cars and grab the phone away from the driver and throw it as far as I can, and then yell at the driver, "Put down the **** phone and drive!".

Addiction to social media is a mental illness, and has become an epidemic. Statistically (and tragically), it's going to get some of us (bikers) killed on the road. So please count me out of your Facebook fan club.

Sorry for the rant.

post #4 of 21 Old 05-11-2019, 11:42 AM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Oh, forgot to mention -- I also have four ruptured disks in my back from one of those occasions of getting rear-ended by someone texting. Everything I do anymore hurts -- standing, walking, laying down, sitting in a chair. My quality of life is permanently changed for the worse by someone who was so addicted to social media they couldn't even bring theirself to watch where they were going.
post #5 of 21 Old 05-11-2019, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Haha but your on here old Jake Bob... I'm on Facebook and all I'm there for is biking groups , I think I've 6 different groups , I go on rides and ask questions about the same stuff we do here , it's your choice if you want 10000 friends haha .me I'm not into it but I like to get to know other bikers . Anyway it's no big deal we have this group for info .
Packmule and oldjackbob like this.
post #6 of 21 Old 05-11-2019, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Found the UK page cheers mate .
post #7 of 21 Old 05-11-2019, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 557 Post(s)
FAKEBOOK. joined FAKEBOOK FOR A DAY then canceled ..what a waste of time seeing people trying to build them self up to something there not ...if i need to know something about somebody my girl will snoop around fakebook for me and ill find out what i needed to know
post #8 of 21 Old 05-11-2019, 01:24 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Garage
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1621312551471002/
frog4aday likes this.

"Its designed to look like a crouching beast"
"Looks more like an Angry Bird character"
post #9 of 21 Old 05-11-2019, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
I was on facebook many years ago and I'm very happy to be off it. Pretty sure some people think I'm dead because I'm not on social media. I'm OK with that.
LEAVEITSTOCK and frog4aday like this.
post #10 of 21 Old 05-11-2019, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Instead of joing facebook..photocopy your passport, drivers liscense, credit card number,social security card and bank info. Then, post it online followed by a spam email to everyone just to make sure its out there......youll have that half of the facebook experience covered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldjackbob and frog4aday like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page