• 1 Post By Mechs1
  • 1 Post By temporarykiwi

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 05-14-2019, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Anyone have experience with black widow exhaust ?

Hey guys,

Just stumbled apon what I believe to be the cheapest exhaust system for our bikes...

Iím getting a total of £515 with shipping, thatís not bad at all and Iím quite interested... if I can get my money back from Paul that is

I like that black widow has so many slip ons to choice from I like the short small cans, Taylor made slip on would be my first choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #2 of 8 Old 05-14-2019, 09:58 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
friend of mine just got one for her gsxs 750, she said it is really nice, good quality, the pipes is larger than the stock one and 3-5lbs lighter, but ss headers, not titanium, again its a gsxs750, she also got the yosh R11 slip on from japan, its awesome looking exhaust tip,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bw3.jpg (147.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg bw2.jpg (159.5 KB, 20 views)
john.moore.1.6td likes this.
post #3 of 8 Old 05-14-2019, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechs1 View Post
friend of mine just got one for her gsxs 750, she said it is really nice, good quality, the pipes is larger than the stock one and 3-5lbs lighter, but ss headers, not titanium, again its a gsxs750, she also got the yosh R11 slip on from japan, its awesome looking exhaust tip,

Whatís the problem with stainless headers? I do like the look of the exhaust Iíll probably buy them if I get money back from PayPal

post #4 of 8 Old 05-14-2019, 10:30 PM

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triz-man View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechs1 View Post

What’s the problem with stainless headers? I do like the look of the exhaust I’ll probably buy them if I get money back from PayPal

Most are made from stainless. Titanium is lighter and costs a fortune. As far as my research suggests, the black widow are considered a budget option. The fit and finish is below arrow/yoshi/m4. I'm sure they are fine. They do have short secondaries like the stock and when fitted and tuned will still present the mid rpm torque dip. Plenty have fitted them and I'm sure they are perfectly happy with them.

When life throws you curves, lean into them.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-15-2019, 03:27 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainus83 View Post
Most are made from stainless. Titanium is lighter and costs a fortune. As far as my research suggests, the black widow are considered a budget option. The fit and finish is below arrow/yoshi/m4. I'm sure they are fine. They do have short secondaries like the stock and when fitted and tuned will still present the mid rpm torque dip. Plenty have fitted them and I'm sure they are perfectly happy with them.
i got a set to compare to mine, they do leave the hole in midrange delivery, i modded mine to boost the torque delivery, they then worked well, i did a write up - exhaust systems torque variations-
Triz-man likes this.
post #6 of 8 Old 05-15-2019, 04:01 AM

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by temporarykiwi View Post
i got a set to compare to mine, they do leave the hole in midrange delivery, i modded mine to boost the torque delivery, they then worked well, i did a write up - exhaust systems torque variations-
I just read through that thread. Thanks for the info, it really came up a treat.
If i had a black widow i would consider the mod or even getting one custom fabricated.
If i had never sent money to Paul, I'd definitely do it.

When life throws you curves, lean into them.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-15-2019, 05:49 AM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainus83 View Post
I just read through that thread. Thanks for the info, it really came up a treat.
If i had a black widow i would consider the mod or even getting one custom fabricated.
If i had never sent money to Paul, I'd definitely do it.
I'd go for the M4 system as it works well straight away without a flash of the ECU. For even better power and torque the system length needs to be longer, hence me fitting a custom link pipe and longer silencer and reflashing again.

4 wheels move the body, but 2 wheels move the soul.

1982 Honda CB750 BOL D'OR
2017 Kawasaki GTR 1400
2017 Suzuki GSX S1000
post #8 of 8 Old 05-15-2019, 06:04 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Black widow , you get what you pay for .. I've heard that they corrode ... I know someone selling letex headers for our bike for 205 pounds sterling .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page