GSXS 1000 Forum banner

M4 Full System Group Buy

24K views 184 replies 27 participants last post by  gsxsdave 
#1 · (Edited)
SEE MY LAST POST #50 !

In light of what has happened with Paul's headers, I have been reaching out to different sources trying to get a great price on an M4 system as a solution, as they are the same design as his.

M4 responded as follows, but asked me to call (obviously don't want to discuss in print), which I will if you all would be interested in a Group Buy on the full M4 system. Trying to help

"Its terrible to hear fellow Suzuki riders getting scammed. I'm sorry we are not in a position to offer a group buy. M4's business model is to sell through our dealer network and we wouldn’t want to upset them by selling direct to their potential customers. We are very diligent on our MAP pricing policy so if we have a discussion on a forum of us discounting more than a dealer it could hurt us in the long run. I would like to suggest calling Brian Van at Sportbiketrackgear. He sells at 10% off all the time and would probably love to work with your group. I wouldn’t mind discussing this further and explaining over the phone if you would ever like to give me a call.

Thanks for the interest!!!!"

So obviously 10% is no big deal, but possibly there is more and I would call M4 if there are at least 5 people into it.

See less See more
#4 ·
Had i known of all these issues with Paul i would have jumped at this chance but not anymore.

This is a great opportunity Rapido is offering, especially for US residents.
Thanks Rapido for offering a little light at the the end of the tunnel ;)

#15 ·
To get more than a standard 10% discount, we have to show something impressive here. A group of Forum Members that would buy several systems at once, or there's no bargaining power.
Note: I emailed M4 asking if we could just buy the headers without the muffler.

We got 4, need more.

Lost
Jcahanes
Reagenn
GSXS NH

#25 ·
I just spoke with M4 and the situation is the same, to purchase must go through a Dealer. He said you can get 10% on any online source, I said 10% ain’t enough. He said the header pieces can be purchased separately without the muffler. The header outlet is 50mm, which fits most aftermarket Slip Ons, but a custom link pipe would be needed.

Obviously, if several members were in, I called a source and said “we’ll take 6 or 7 M4 full systems if you can give us a killer deal” has alot of power. That’s what I’m trying to organize here as a way to help and an alternative solution to Paul’s headers.

#26 ·
I sure wish somebody would come up with a link pipe that we could buy. I've looked at a lot of the premade ones and it would be hard buy one that fit perfect.

I went by my local shop and he said it he's usually always 3 weeks out. Even for a small job. Blessings of a small town.

Rapido1, thanks for working on this, I appreciate the effort.

#27 ·
Wow! Holy ****. So I just received this email from M4 10 minutes after calling. Explained how several people on our Forum were victims of fraud and I was trying to help. Told him how the M4 long secondaries were proven to work on our bike. I asked if the muffler were available in all black. I guess he was offended by that ...

“Its weird you know. Its like you guys want a good deal but then don’t even like how we make the pipe. Can I have it like this? Can I have it like that? We built the best pipe we could considering many different things like power, weight, looks, and most importantly price point. The pipe is what it is. If they like it they can buy it from a dealer at 10% off. If I gave a group buy to a forum every person from then on would ask me for a deal after reading your forum. It would be a dumb move on our part. The pipe is extremely popular already.

Thanks for the interest!”

Kyle Martin
M4 Performance Exhaust
972-481-9300

#30 ·
Seems like the whole company has that attitude and has made their system to purposely use their stuff only.

At least others like Arrow design it so you can almost use whatever slip-on you want.

This in part was why we were willing to take a chance on Paul's systems. The best of both worlds. Long secondaries and would fit whatever can you wanted.

#170 ·
Not sure if this is correct. As far as I have learned, the only mufflers that fit on the Arrow headers are the stock one, Akro, Yoshi R11 and, of course, Arrow mufflers. M4 don't fit, Scorpion don't fit, Remus don't fit. Other than the stock can there doesn't seem to be another maker that mounts from the footpeg and not a hanger off the passenger footpeg. I was hoping to find a muffler that could use the Arrow and avoid the passenger footpeg mounting location.

#31 ·
If you google “exhaust link pipe adapters” there are hundreds. Go on EBay too.

We now know the M4 is 50mm exit and most Sip ons are 51mm inlet, so really just need an extension with the correct angle and length, which you really won’t know till get it mounted up on the bike. Unless you can tell from the photo posted by another member (don’t remember who).

#32 ·
M4 is a really small outfit. No where the size of Yosh. They do make a good product that work really well on the bikes they support. I like to use them because they are close to me like one shipping day so a spring or similar spare part can be had rather quickly. They won’t just send you one spring either, I received a bag of them.

Their muffler for our bike is tried and true tested. Little on the loud side. I’ve crashed a race bike with the very same can over and over and was able to always continue on through a weekend. Can’t say that about to many cans from other brands. It’s usually one and done with the larger cans.

I’ll continue to buy their products.

#33 ·
A BIG thank you to Rapido1 - but I am guessing my Arrow's will have to do - for now.

Patience is a virtue, Patience is a virtue, Patience is a virtue.
But if they change their outlook, and a quality link pipe exist for my exhaust - well..............................

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.