GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Slip On Saga - New Leo Vince LV-10 Titanium

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Cainus83 
#1 · (Edited)
Some of you Regulars will remember I posted a while back and then purchased the new Akrapovic Titanium Slip On for our bike. As it was not yet released in the U.S, I ordered from Spain and waited 6 weeks for delivery.

See my thread https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/gsxs-1000-general-discussion/42704-new-slip-akra.html

I was shocked and disappointed upon receiving the Akra that this new Slip On was only designed to fit the stock headers with 45mm outlet. I have custom headers with 50mm outlet. I made it work by slipping the muffler inlet INSIDE the header outlet instead of around the outside, sealing the joint with adhesive aluminum exhaust tape. But the reduction in tube diameter also means reduced horsepower, negating the benefits of aftermarket headers. . . (see photo 1) Not ideal at all.

So searching for something new and different and in the correct size, I found the Leo Vince LV-10 Titanium (Moto 3 Race-Replica) from Europe. A black and SS version are available in U.S., but have a "gravel screen" on the exhaust outlet that I don't care for. I ordered from Belgium and received in 2 weeks. Just got it mounted up, and I can definitely feel an increase in power now with the correct size tubing.

See less See more
#4 ·
What a bummer. I really liked the look of that Akra. Now I'm not getting headers and just doing a decat i would have been keen on the Akra but i thought you were keeping it. I just ordered the Yoshi R-11 metal magic .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.