18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 05-29-2019, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Bike is running horribly!!!

Guys I need a little help...bike is running worse now than before I adjusted the TPS and getting Dano to flash the ECU.

1st and foremost I am not saying nor do I think Danos flash has anything to do with the bike running so bad now.

This is what I've done so far.

1- Adjusted the TPS to 1.13v...throttle improved by 30%, better but not great.
2- Dano flashed the ECU...the bike was near perfect after getting the ECU back.
3- While putting the ECU back in I blocked off the PAIR valve with a marble.

After doing these 3 things the bike was perfect, smooth throttle, decel abruptness was cut way down, powerful (still had the lag at 5-6000K though) etc.....bike was like it should be.

I've put about 1k on the new flash and she ran out perfect but after that the performance has progressively been getting worse, throttle snatch was coming back and has been getting worse.

Yesterday the engine light came on with a FI on the speedometer

The past few days ripping on her hard she has missed a gear a few times....not 1st - 2nd.... but 4th-5th and this has happened 3 times in the last 5 rides.

I checked the TPS and it was 1.11v so I moved it back to 1.13....thought to myself "This has to be the problem"

Today took her back out and still no improvement and the engine light is still coming on after just a few miles or so.

I talked to Dano today and he assured me that when the ECU gets flashed it's there and can't (for the lack of better words) come undone.

He did say I need to get the trouble code and start there 1st....I put it in dealer mode with the jumper wire but there is no code to read and now at idle the engine light is not on.

Can someone tell me the correct procedure for getting the codes? Maybe ride it and when the light comes on pull over and check it with the jumper wire in dealer while on the side of the rode?

I can turn the bike off for a while then go ride and the light is not on and it does run a little better but shortly into the ride the light comes on and she goes right back to running like sh!t

Dano did mention that it could be an issue with a fuel injector...partially blocked maybe....that could cause the ECU to get so upset and out of wack. He says with all the crappy chemicals they put in our gas does not help at all either. I have not run any fuel additive/cleaner thru her. Dano says that's not a good idea as it could loosen varnish in hoses and such and actually cause a block in an injector. Better to remove them and clean them.

I am running the full M4 exhaust by the way.

I'll try and get the code/codes tomorrow....but in the meantime has anyone had any of these type of problems before?

I did try and find some info here and online about the problems but didn't come across much at all.

2016 GSX S1000
2001 ZX6R
1988 Honda XR250
2001 Yamaha Kodiak 400
post #2 of 23 Old 05-29-2019, 09:07 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 440 Post(s)
Not much help, but there was a recent thread on dirty fuel injectors

https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/suzuk...injectors.html
post #3 of 23 Old 05-30-2019, 05:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
All I here on this site is problems with sending ECU's of to be flashed , the answer is don't , it should be done on a Dyno , I'm not slagging of dano as I don't know him but it's a reoccurring problem , every bike is individual and even from someone like me that's only new to this I can see posting ECU's is not a good thing ..I put a full system on my bike and it runs fine a bit twitchy but otherwise fine ,iv set TPS to 1.13v before I got system on it and next week I'm getting it Woolrich tuned on a Dyno . Sorry I've people think I'm wrong but we are all entitled to an opinion .

post #4 of 23 Old 05-30-2019, 07:23 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
To get the codes you must not turn off the bike after the code has been thrown. Bike then must be put in dealer mode by the jumper wire at the connector under the seat. I suggest you ride it with rear seat off and go test ride normally and get it to throw the code then pull out the trusty paper clip and jump the far right two pin holes facing the connector. Then you see the codes pop up on the dash. Once you kill the bike you've lost the codes for now unless you have the DTC interface the dealers have then it can be retrieved that way.
frog4aday likes this.

2016 GSX-S1000
post #5 of 23 Old 05-30-2019, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapido1 View Post
Not much help, but there was a recent thread on dirty fuel injectors

https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/suzuk...injectors.html
Thanks Rapido1....that will be very helpful if I need to pull the injectors.

2016 GSX S1000
2001 ZX6R
1988 Honda XR250
2001 Yamaha Kodiak 400
post #6 of 23 Old 05-30-2019, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy826 View Post
To get the codes you must not turn off the bike after the code has been thrown. Bike then must be put in dealer mode by the jumper wire at the connector under the seat. I suggest you ride it with rear seat off and go test ride normally and get it to throw the code then pull out the trusty paper clip and jump the far right two pin holes facing the connector. Then you see the codes pop up on the dash. Once you kill the bike you've lost the codes for now unless you have the DTC interface the dealers have then it can be retrieved that way.
Thanks Roy....I thought the side of the road check would work while the light is on, I wanted to make sure I was doing it right so I don't accidently erase them.

2016 GSX S1000
2001 ZX6R
1988 Honda XR250
2001 Yamaha Kodiak 400
post #7 of 23 Old 05-30-2019, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Guys...ran the bike this morning and it's throwing a -C65 engine code....I found a link PP put up a while back with the codes and a C65 is as follows.

C65
P0506
ISC valve, lower than desired rpm
Idle speed dropped lower than desired idle speed by more than specified range.

Or it could be higher than desired....as follows.

C65
P0507
ISC valve, higher than desired rpm
Idle speed rose higher than desired idle speed by more than specified range.

Has anyone had any experience with this problem?

Sounds to me like the ECU will have to be tapped into to change this setting to the proper value/setting?

A few weeks ago I seen a thread on "Pulsating Idle" which my bike had developed this problem and has gotten worse over time.

I went on the discussion and said I too had developed the Pulsating Idle over time, I think it was FP or OldJackBob told me that the earlier Dano flashes had this issue but Dano had since had a fix for it,.

Sounds to me like this could be my issue throwing the C65 code.

I'll put a call into Dano later today to see if he can fix it.

And by the way...the 1st time I spoke with Dano a few monts ago about my flash he spent probably 10 minutes on the phone with me discussing it....then yesterday he spent another 10 minutes with advise to my issue I'm having now. For a company or an individual to take the time to talk to you about your bike/repairs etc....is rare now. Dano is a stand up guy and actually gives a sh!t.

My local Suzuki shop here in NC act like they're a bunch of Gods and if you don't treat them that way they will pretty much ignore you to the point that you leave their shop without getting anything done. I will not do business with people like that.

2016 GSX S1000
2001 ZX6R
1988 Honda XR250
2001 Yamaha Kodiak 400
post #8 of 23 Old 05-30-2019, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbak View Post
<snip>
A few weeks ago I seen a thread on "Pulsating Idle" which my bike had developed this problem and has gotten worse over time.

I went on the discussion and said I too had developed the Pulsating Idle over time, I think it was FP or OldJackBob told me that the earlier Dano flashes had this issue but Dano had since had a fix for it,.\
</snip>
Wasn't me, my bike is still box stock (I'm too skeerd to mess with anything).
LEAVEITSTOCK likes this.
post #9 of 23 Old 05-30-2019, 05:09 PM

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Kassu
Maybe it was oldbob, the other Bob
oldjackbob likes this.

Annuit coeptis
post #10 of 23 Old 05-30-2019, 10:29 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Hi RazorBak,
Have a read of this recent thread (06/May/19). David's same issue with C65 and his solution. Sounds the same to me, a faulty ISC sensor.

https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/suzuk...witch-c65.html

Rob.
frog4aday likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page