• 4 Post By dekker

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 06-14-2019, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Happy Fathers Day!

I was one of the blessed ones who had a GREAT father. We never had a lot of material things, but he was a hard worker who took care of his family to the best of his ability. Unfortunately, we lost him way too soon to ALS when he was only 64.

Dad didn't have a lot of hobbies, but did love his cars and motorcycles. I can still remember the day he rode home on the new Honda 750/Four in Brazen Orange. He loved working on that thing in our tiny garage, changing out headers and pipes time and time again.

Earlier he had a Sixty's model Scrambler 305 ('68 I think) that he rode the wheels off.

So here's to you dad, and all the Dads who do their best, and keep coming back for more! Cheers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1968 CL77 305 Scrambler.jpg (132.7 KB, 26 views)

2016 GSXS1000F
2007 Honda VTX 1800F3
post #2 of 6 Old 06-14-2019, 04:44 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
great post thankyou
post #3 of 6 Old 06-14-2019, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Garage
Very nice sentiment, Reagenn. I won't try to compete but will add I'm grateful my dad bought me that Kawasaki KX80. It lit a fire inside me that burns bigger today than ever.

Happy Fathers Day to all my contemporaries and the dads before us. We're not perfect but, as far as I can tell, we're trying.
Reagenn likes this.

post #4 of 6 Old 06-15-2019, 05:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Nice post Reagenn!

My father also died at 64 and I am older that that now. He (with my little brother's nagging) got me into motorcycling by buying me (and my little brother) our first bike when I was 16. It was a Harley Davidson single cylinder 2 stroke 125 cc street bike made in Italy. My brothers friends all had Honda 65 CC's but my dad had a real problem buying Japanese products because of the war and such. To this day that is the only Harley I have ever ridden.

Thankfully my daughter never asked for a motorcycle. And as she was growing up through high school I always told her that I was the only person that she was allowed to get on behind. And I think she stuck to that. Kinda ironic... I took plenty of girls riding when I was growing up but I did not my daughter riding with some young yahoo.

Happy Fathers Day!!
Reagenn likes this.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-15-2019, 07:39 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Congratulations to all the Fathers.
Come the first Sunday in September, Australian's will celebrate this great day for our's & your Fathers can double dip the day too.
Every day is Parents Day.

Rob.
Reagenn and oldjackbob like this.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-16-2019, 11:48 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Garage
Today for the first time I was able to wish one of my sons Happy Father's Day, I became a Grandad in January. He stole/married a lovely Californian girl, no actually it was the other way round she hooked him in Birmingham UK, but they were married in San Francisco and we went over for the wedding. Jeez was it hot, over 100F.

Blue Naked 2015 ABS model. PCV, Nitron Ntr-1 shock, MRA screen(modified) Puig crash bungs, HEL lines and EBC-HH pads, job done. (Riding since 1959.)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page