LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 06-22-2019, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Tried FTECU

Hey Everybody,
I had bought the ftecu bike side kit and have installed their maps and like others it hasn't gotten me to where I want to be. What I am trying to solve is the low rpm "hunting" or "chugging and of course the throttle surge. Since i have the software I could get it dyno'd directly to the ecu using the ftecu software. I have a shop local to me that does dyno work, but, because they do each cylinder independently, I'm looking at $800-$1000! More than I'm willing to pay after the money I've spent.
My thought is that if the booster plug just adds a couple of percent of fuel, could I just do that myself with the ftecu software I have?
I know I could buy a used ecu and send it to Dano's, but, that's another $450 or so.
Another thought is to just buy a booster plug and install that.

So far I have:
Installed a throttle tamer. Worth the money
Removed the pair valve. Didn't notice much difference.
Installed FTECU map. Some improvement.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
post #2 of 7 Old 06-22-2019, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Another Member Roy has gone down the FtECU path nightmare, and finally gave up and bought an EBay ECU sent to Dano. Sometimes it’s better to bite the bullet, spend the $450 and get great results with no headaches. He’s the guy to talk to about FTECU.

https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/gsxs-...sh-warned.html
frog4aday likes this.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-23-2019, 01:46 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Garage
I don't see TPS adjustment there. Have you done that FIRST???

One guy had issues with FTECU, many others have had good results, myself included.

My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 | 1998 KTM 250 EXC | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E

post #4 of 7 Old 06-23-2019, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Forgot to mention tps adjustment. Did that first. I’ve been following this forum since 2016. I was mostly wondering if I could be doing damage by adding say 2% fuel across the range with my ftecu software. Don’t think I’ll do it. No tuning experience.
post #5 of 7 Old 06-23-2019, 09:35 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Garage
Gotcha, wanted to make sure you got the "Free" one done before throwing more money at it. Your ECU isn't in the recalled range is it? IIRC, it wasn't the snatch that got the recall but the hunting chugging thing you mention.

My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 | 1998 KTM 250 EXC | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
post #6 of 7 Old 06-23-2019, 09:43 AM

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
I have a ecu with Danoís tune already in it for sale in classifieds. Your last 5 digits need to match what I have for sale or itís a no go on that.

I have it priced below what itís worth. Iíve went down the FTECU road. It did not work for me same issue you are having. Two strikes with them and they never could get it right. Now my ecu is locked which forced me to buy and ecu and have Dano flash it. Unfortunately i bought the wrong ecu first go around and itís the one I have for sale. I have another ecu currently at Danoís beimg flashed and on its way back to me next week. Itís suppose to be the match for my bike. I hope so as Iíve sunk over $700 into this issue so far not counting the $220 I threw at at FTECU for basically nothing.
gixxerjasen likes this.
post #7 of 7 Old 06-27-2019, 03:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Bemil, I read your post and cringed as Roy826 has traveled the path you are on and it is a nightmare. Is your ECU "locked" by the FTECU or can you still have it flashed? If it is locked, you are stuck and there is no easy way out. That was Roy826's issue - locked ECU by FTECU so he couldn't do anything with it (other than the dyno tune for nearly a $1000.) Not cool. But he is on the right path now. He bought an ECU that matched his bike’s unit, and he has it at Dano’s Performance in CA to be flashed.

Sadly, the first ECU he bought did NOT match his bike’s setup, but he didn’t know that until he had it flashed and installed it. He has that ECU up for sale. If your bike shares that ECU number (32920-04K90) then you are in luck! Go here and buy this ECU. It already has the Dano’s flash in it:
https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/suzuk...920-04k90.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page