LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 06-26-2019, 03:07 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Evotech parts

Hello,

i just bought the 2019 F, and while waiting for delivery (end of july/start of august), im looking for some help with aftermarket parts.

1. Paddock stand bobbins: the swing arm already has mounting points (holes?) for these, yes? Up to now i was using the rear stand with the L shaped thingies that hook directly under the swing arm on all my bikes. Will this stand be ok for this bike, or do you recommend switching to one for bobbins? I have one that is very ajustable ATM and served me really well.

https://evotech-performance.com/coll...tand-bobbins-1

2. Radiatior protection: does the bike have any sort of OEM guard installed? If no, I'll install the one from evotech. Its juts one of those things i always put on my bikes.

https://evotech-performance.com/coll...e-2015-onwards

3. Tail tidy: on my previous bikes i had evotech tail tidies, mainly because they keep the original turn indicators, and any mods that have to do with lights are a PITA to legally swap out where i live.
Now my question is this: does anyone know with the evotech tail tidy is compatible with SW-motech blaze saddlebags, or will the bags rub up/bend/smoosh/whatever to the indicators or any other part (reg plate?). Can anyone recommend any other tail tidy that keeps original turn signals and works with these saddlebags?

https://evotech-performance.com/coll...y-2015-onwards

4. Saddle bags: already decided. SW-motech blaze bags, enough for a solo rider for up to 14 days touring. Saw them on another bike, they are pretty neat. Also see point 3.

https://www.louis.eu/artikel/quick-l...990bd7a70b5e29

I am in the EU, just for store/shipping reference

Thanks for any help.
post #2 of 7 Old 06-29-2019, 04:16 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Welcome along.

I have the rad guard from Evotech as there is nothing fitted as standard.

I also have their tail tidy but I use Kriega kit so can't say if it will work with SW Moto Tech brackets. Am happy to take some measurements if you want to let me know what ones you want.

As for bobbins the dealer fitted some so don't know which ones they are, but I always use bobbins as I prefer them to lifting under the swingarm. I also have an Abba Stand as an alternative means to lift the bike.

Last edited by Barstewardsquad; 06-29-2019 at 04:18 PM.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-29-2019, 04:37 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Garage
Bobbin mounts are there.

I have the evotech axle sliders I got from someone on here and like them a lot, they look good on the bike while offering extra protection.

My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 | 1998 KTM 250 EXC | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
Family Bikes: 2006 Honda CRF70F | 2005 Honda CRF230F

post #4 of 7 Old 06-30-2019, 03:13 AM

Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Got to go for the Bobbins.
Your rear stand will slide along the swing arm and is very unstable. I had the same type and had to change over for safetyís sake. I didnít buy a whole stand though, I managed to find some adapters which replaced the existing cups.
Iím not much help really as I canít remember where I got them from. Sorry just thought Iíd mention it in case it was another option for you to look at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull my finger
post #5 of 7 Old 06-30-2019, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
The Evotech rad guard fits great is super easy to install and looks perfect on these.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-01-2019, 05:23 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstewardsquad View Post
Welcome along.

I have the rad guard from Evotech as there is nothing fitted as standard.

I also have their tail tidy but I use Kriega kit so can't say if it will work with SW Moto Tech brackets. Am happy to take some measurements if you want to let me know what ones you want.

As for bobbins the dealer fitted some so don't know which ones they are, but I always use bobbins as I prefer them to lifting under the swingarm. I also have an Abba Stand as an alternative means to lift the bike.

Im looking at SW motech blaze bags
https://sw-motech.com/en/products/lu...2572048047.htm

i cant find any numbers on the lenght of the carrying arm, but maybe you can make a guess from the pictures? its just a bracket that mounts to rear foot pegs and then a metal arm that attaches to it, and the bags slip on it to stabilize them.

i know kriega, its a great system. I already have their 30L+20L i used on some of my other bikes, but for longer trips (14 days+) or for colder destinations i almost always had to use a backpack aswell and i want some saddlebags so i can get rid of the backpack.

good that settles the rad guard and the bobbins, as for sliders i went with the originals from suzuki (front, rear axle and frame)
post #7 of 7 Old 07-02-2019, 12:44 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
I have a Powerbronze rad guard that is not expensive and is a cable tie fit. Like the look of the bags too but not as much as the sweet looking twin exhaust set up in the bags advert even if it is a different model bike.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page