10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 07-03-2019, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Best all around rear tire?

I just put on some Conti sport attack 3's (I know I'm a cheap a$$ and should have spent more) and only got 1,600 miles on the rear. I was thinking the harder compound in the center would give me more miles. When doing a clutch up the Conti's wasn't terrible and would bite ok....but on low gear power digs the tire would just spin and not hook up.

The Conti's are fairly decent other than center tire wear. But then again a bike with this kind of power is probably going to go thru some rears.

I don't need a Pirelli - Diablo Corsa....I don't ride hard enough for these. I also got to meet a Davie Co. Sherriff deputy in person a few weeks ago....needless to say but this slowed me down too.

Looking for a happy medium between grip and longevity....I do ride some mountains and I'm not pushing it to the limit like at a track....any suggestions?

Also the Conti front is still brand new...anybody having any issues with not matching fronts and rears?

Anybody running Metzelers Sportec M3's?

2016 GSX S1000
2001 ZX6R
1988 Honda XR250
2001 Yamaha Kodiak 400
post #2 of 25 Old 07-03-2019, 07:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
conti road attack 3, it was very nice
post #3 of 25 Old 07-03-2019, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Dunlop Roadsmart 3 in 190/55 for me, a little over 2k miles so far (mostly commute with some interstate miles) and only starting to show a hint of wear in the middle. Plenty grippy in any dry conditions (I don't ride in the wet).

post #4 of 25 Old 07-03-2019, 09:08 PM

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
I have a mate who swears by the metzler. He has tried a couple in the range and he seems to get them at a great deal. And he rides like the wind on an Aprila RSV4 and rsv1000r.

Obvious choice is michelin pilot road 4 or the new road 5. Best tyre across the board if you do your research.
TheRealDeeks and frog4aday like this.

When life throws you curves, lean into them.
post #5 of 25 Old 07-03-2019, 09:13 PM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjackbob View Post
Dunlop Roadsmart 3 in 190/55 for me, a little over 2k miles so far (mostly commute with some interstate miles) and only starting to show a hint of wear in the middle. Plenty grippy in any dry conditions (I don't ride in the wet).
Same for me. Iím on my second, or is it third Road Smart 3, very happy with them. Q3+ on front.
post #6 of 25 Old 07-03-2019, 09:15 PM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjackbob View Post
Same for me. Iím on my second, or is it third Road Smart 3, very happy with them. Q3+ on front. They each seem to last about 7000 miles.
post #7 of 25 Old 07-03-2019, 11:24 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainus83 View Post
I have a mate who swears by the metzler. He has tried a couple in the range and he seems to get them at a great deal. And he rides like the wind on an Aprila RSV4 and rsv1000r.

Obvious choice is michelin pilot road 4 or the new road 5. Best tyre across the board if you do your research.
100% on the Michelin Road 5. Assuming the pictures accompany the post, these have done just over 9,000k's and a fair bit of that in a straight line to and from work (120km round trip) in traffic. The rear still has a nice profile and if anything the front is developing a flat centre before the rear. The dual compound is great and provides some high confidence in corners.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MR5 (2).jpg (140.1 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg MR5 (3).jpg (166.5 KB, 35 views)
Beaker, oldjackbob and frog4aday like this.
post #8 of 25 Old 07-04-2019, 09:06 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbak View Post
I just put on some Conti sport attack 3's (I know I'm a cheap a$$ and should have spent more) and only got 1,600 miles on the rear. I was thinking the harder compound in the center would give me more miles. When doing a clutch up the Conti's wasn't terrible and would bite ok....but on low gear power digs the tire would just spin and not hook up.

The Conti's are fairly decent other than center tire wear. But then again a bike with this kind of power is probably going to go thru some rears.

I don't need a Pirelli - Diablo Corsa....I don't ride hard enough for these. I also got to meet a Davie Co. Sherriff deputy in person a few weeks ago....needless to say but this slowed me down too.

Looking for a happy medium between grip and longevity....I do ride some mountains and I'm not pushing it to the limit like at a track....any suggestions?

Also the Conti front is still brand new...anybody having any issues with not matching fronts and rears?

Anybody running Metzelers Sportec M3's?
I run the Pirelli Rosso IIIís. They do very well and would recommend them. I usually get close to 3,000 miles from a rear. These from my experience arenít a high mileage tire but are nice and sticky for the great Mountain roads in your area! And Davie County has Deputies all over the place! Surprised I havenít passed you on the road at some point.
frog4aday likes this.
post #9 of 25 Old 07-04-2019, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrub975 View Post
I run the Pirelli Rosso IIIís. They do very well and would recommend them. I usually get close to 3,000 miles from a rear. These from my experience arenít a high mileage tire but are nice and sticky for the great Mountain roads in your area! And Davie County has Deputies all over the place! Surprised I havenít passed you on the road at some point.

I got the rosso llís there great so far and let me drag knee shoot out of corners Iíve only ever had this tire break loose on me once at 60mph trying to over take a car and I Punched it WOT

Rear tire hit the yellow line and started to drift me the tire caught grip very quick Iím going to try for the Dunlop Q4ís this time around, I have something like 2300 miles on the tires and the rear dosent look to bad yet maybe 45% tire life left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #10 of 25 Old 07-04-2019, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
I put Michelin Power RS’s on my RC51. Fantastic tire! They are even fine in the rain. It’ll be my goto tire on all my bikes now. Fantastic tire!! Traction. That is all.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page