• 2 Post By frog4aday

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-08-2019, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
This bike❤️

Iíll preface by saying that I put a holeshot exhaust and tune on my 2016 GSXS1000 naked non-ABS over a year and a half ago. That along with one tooth drop on the front sprocket, and timing retard eliminator, resulted in more acceleration! Quite a bit more! Iíve done a few other upgrades, but none are real power adds. I bought it new in 2017. What a great bike! I went on a little ride this past weekend with a fellow member I met on this forum who is from my area. It was a blast! Great to have a seasoned rider close to my age to ride with. He will help keep me in check I hope! I must also mention that I have multiple bikes, and I love them all! This bike I also love! I can ride it for long distances without pain, itís got power, and power wheelies galore! I chose to ride this bike because of our common interest, and because I wasnít sure how far weíd go. So comfort won. I am glad I brought this one. Had a ton of fun. We even got pulled over. I am convinced that the fact that we pulled over directly, and we are both in our fifties, let us off with a warning after a safety lecture😄! I am amazed at my bikeís ability to power wheely at highway speeds. Itís better than stock tires make it handle better than stock (but I will still upgrade the shock). I will do brake lines and a little more aggressive pads soon, but a couple of my other bikes get some changes first. I bedded my brakes properly when the bike was new, and Iíve never had weak brakes like some have reported. When it was new, I thought they were a little vague, so I did a bedding in process on the ride home from the dealer. I think they work well, but would like a little more initial bite. My Bridgestone s21 is almost worn out with just short of 5000 miles on it. Itíll get a 190/55 next, probably S22. I donít take it easy on the back tire, so price of play for me. But honestly, if I donít do anything else to this bike, I will love it and ride it like it is anyway. I also plan to keep it forever. I still regret getting rid of my first standard, a 2003 Honda 919. I will keep this GSXS so as not to repeat history. Itís really pretty good the way it is. The whole package works. When I bought it, I had gone to a local dealer to try to look at an MT10 (they didnít have), and walked out with this year old model for $8000 out the door, brand new! Great deal on a great bike! BTW I have never had the throttle snatch issue, but I keep my throttle cable at zero free play. I also did that on the ride home from the dealer. I learned that trick on the 919 I had back in the day. Worked on the Honda, worked on this bike. The GSXS1000 is not without its flaws. But, for $8k, I can afford to upgrade the flawed areas a bit. I still think itís a bit ugly (something about the tail and the headlightís Transformers look), but itís beautiful mechanically- and, itís fun to ride! I can take longish trips on it too- as long as I donít need to carry anything. (No way Iím hanging bags on it, not my thing). Just wanted to share my enjoyment of our budget bikes!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6BF73142-C8FF-4564-942C-79CED39B688B.jpg (298.6 KB, 22 views)

post #2 of 4 Old 07-08-2019, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Nice write-up of your ownership experience.

I have the shorter version of the Holeshot muffler, and it is loud. I might switch to your version and
also install the DB killer to make it a little quieter.
twag4 likes this.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-09-2019, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by montana928 View Post
Nice write-up of your ownership experience.

I have the shorter version of the Holeshot muffler, and it is loud. I might switch to your version and
also install the DB killer to make it a little quieter.
I think my version is perfect. Itís quiet when just riding/cruising, but barks when I get on it. Best of both worlds.

post #4 of 4 Old 07-09-2019, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Always great to see a post from someone that is HAPPY and just enjoying their bike. Glad you avoided a ticket, too. I hate getting pulled over. But you are right about doing it right away. They like that. Makes them a little less likely to write the ticket (since enough idiots DO try to run.) Being older helps, too. Nice report. Keep living the dream my friend.
twag4 and oldjackbob like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page