Originally Posted by My Name Is Jeff
I was under the impression that KTech was the ducks nuts? Quack Quack!
From my research, i came to my own conclusion that:
1. Ktech is an excellent shock company BUT their dds range is what you want. The razor has smaller valves and if you're a heavier fellow, it could possibly wear them out faster.
2. Penske is top of the list but doesn't include a bracket which is a deal breaker for me. But they make shocks according to your specifications at around a 1000-1600 depending on your specifications.
3. Wilbers doesn't seem to have much chatter in race bike forums but it's well known in the bmw adv world. They have been around and offer a triple clicker (individual high/low speed compression adjustment and rebound) at double clicker prices.
4. Wilbers worried me because of the small reservoir but this is going to for my canyon/commuter bike, so whatever.
5. Ohlins is stupid in prices and service interval for a street bike, at it's price.
With that said i had a hard time deciding between ktech and wilbers but once i was honest with what i was going to do with my gsxs (commute, monthly canyon riding) it made my choice easier. I bought the wilbers for the incognito mounting solution, high and low speed adjustment, adv world usage and dependability according to use review, and price.