Intrepid souls: Are you glad you installed full exhaust ? - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 Old 08-03-2019, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Intrepid souls: Are you glad you installed full exhaust ?

I always intended to go full exhaust on my GSXS in order to improve the midrange gap, but in the late stages of the phuk it paul fiasco I decided to trade the GSXS in on a new GSXR1000 and leave it's exhaust stock along with the nice promo Yoshi slip on that came with it.

Definitely a performance upgrade, but I must say it's not too exciting in the mid range either, despite the variable valve timing PR. Really hauls at high end though.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind keeping it and getting another GSXS for longer rides, the gsxs is so user friendly for me as I deeply enter the golden years.

So are you really pleased with the full exhaust/flash or would you not bother now that you have had the experience? I'm especially interested in the M4 with a different can, and I know some encountered a glitch or two.

Thanks!
Dan
post #2 of 40 Old 08-03-2019, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I did full M4 exhaust, Dano flash, O2 & pair delete all at once around 1000 miles(2016 leftover I bought in the spring). Wouldn't go back to stock for anything. The ONLY thing I miss is the induction sound. Shortly after I dropped to a +3 rear sprocket <<< best mod out of all of them.

2016 naked|Dano flash|full M4|+3 rear
post #3 of 40 Old 08-03-2019, 04:03 PM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
I love my full exhaust mostly for sound people hear me moving down the road and cars look for me, some times, most of them are dumb asses, but I havenít done a flash just yet as I ride my bike to much and hate the thought of it going down and I also want a dyno tune so Iíll have to wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 40 Old 08-03-2019, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Also I take down the new 2019 ZX10R in the corners even some Ducati V4ís but straights they can take me out easy I still wouldnít want to get a sports bike only got to keep the gsxs itís so comfortable even the rides to work are great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 40 Old 08-03-2019, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Yeah fitted yoshimura headers as the bike came wih r11 can (plus at the time i was still flush with cash). But if i had to do it now I'd go for Black Widow or Lextek both 4-2-1 but lextek comes with lifetime warranty in the uk. I'd save £100's . The weight saving helps with any decat method.
post #6 of 40 Old 08-03-2019, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 447 Post(s)
The stock set up is like putting a cork in the performance. Emissions and noise restrictions. A motor needs to breath, a full system is a basic upgrade for increased performance, combined with a flash. It is a completely different bike with these two mods.

However, I did experience the same mid range flat spot with the Arrow headers. Can’t speak for the M4 but seems closest to Paul’s design, which eliminated the flat spot.

I would never keep a bike stock. I’m very happy with these mods, and IMO they are a must, if you want to experience the true potential of the motor, what it was truly designed for before it got strangled.

Edit:

I must add that finding a Slip On for the 50mm header outlet has been a grind. There are very few available. Ask me, I know!
oldjackbob likes this.

Last edited by Rapido1; 08-03-2019 at 04:57 PM.
post #7 of 40 Old 08-03-2019, 09:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapido1 View Post
I must add that finding a Slip On for the 50mm header outlet has been a grind. There are very few available. Ask me, I know!

Got to tell you - I love the Holsehot 10" Bad Boy. Fits the 50mm perfectly and comes with the link pipe.
post #8 of 40 Old 08-03-2019, 11:22 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
I would certainly do it all again, except for the Paul fiasco. Never will Paypal again as a friend to someone I don't know and fully trust.

Anyway, love the m4 headers, but added a link pipe and a Yoshi can. I wish there were other slip-ons available for the M4 headers w/o all the hassle of fabricating your own, but it is what it is.

Incredibly, my fuel mileage has also gone up...a lot. I used to get around 38mpg (mixed riding) and now it's right at 50mpg. And that's checking the actual miles and gallons used, not just using the computer generated figures.

For me, more than anything, I just enjoy change and working on my bike, so it's been fun.

Finally took off the throttle tamer tonight that I had installed along with the PCV when I first got the bike, and now that the throttle is a little edgier, I kinda like it.

Did I mention it sounds wicked at WOT?
mike d and oldjackbob like this.

2016 GSXS1000F
2017 GSXR1000

Last edited by Reagenn; 08-04-2019 at 12:37 AM.
post #9 of 40 Old 08-03-2019, 11:49 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Garage
Oh yea... Phucker Paul, Paul Nebbs, he cannot escape his karma.
post #10 of 40 Old 08-04-2019, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reagenn View Post
Incredibly, my fuel mileage has also gone up...a lot. I used to get around 38mpg (mixed riding) and now it's right at 50mpg. And that's checking the actual miles and gallons used, not just using the computer generated figures.
That's very encouraging info, thanks for posting.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page