• 1 Post By Robbieben

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 08-10-2019, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2016 vs. 2017 exhausts

Hello all. So I've been looking at slip-ons and keep finding some that are listed to fit 15-16s and others that state 17s and up. Is there a discernible difference from the 2016 and 2017 models that would make a difference with the slip-on? I'm specifically looking at the Leo Vince LV Pro as I have experience with Leo Vince and have had great results for what I've wanted out of them. Sorry if this is a noob question, but this is my first new bike since buying my 2006 GSX-R 600 brand new. I found a heck of a deal on a 2016 and jumped on it and have been loving it ever since. Thanks in advance for any help and advice.
post #2 of 8 Old 08-10-2019, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Take it from me “Mr. Slip-On”, there is no difference, they all fit. You can even look up 2019 Katana, will fit.

I have a LeoVince LV-10 Titanium from Europe for sale if you’re interested.
frog4aday likes this.
post #3 of 8 Old 08-10-2019, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Awesome, thank you so much for the info! I was actually just looking at one of your posts before posting this thread lol. I have also been looking at the LV-10. I will definitely keep you in mind when I finally decide on one. How is the sound difference with the LV-10? Mind you I'll be keeping the stock cat and headers for now, but definitely want a little more acoustics as when I ride with my wife (her on my GSX-R) all I can hear is her bike and its Leo GP slip-on.

post #4 of 8 Old 08-10-2019, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
The Titanium LV-10 is small and much lighter than stock, designed for the stock exhaust system. I’m sure it will be louder than stock

What I have for sale is the Titanium LV-10, not available in the U.S., has no “gravel screen” on the outlet, where all the U.S. stainless versions do.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-12-2019, 08:17 AM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
The difference between exhausts on the OE bike setup is nothing, however to purchase a slip on exhaust for 2017 onwards you are directed to the E4 compliant version of the slip on. The E4 versions are designed so that the baffle/db killer insert is NON Removable. If you want the option to remove it buy the earlier year slip on. It still fits but the baffle/db killer can be removed.
frog4aday likes this.

4 wheels move the body, but 2 wheels move the soul.

1982 Honda CB750 BOL D'OR
2017 Kawasaki GTR 1400
2017 Suzuki GSX S1000
post #6 of 8 Old 08-12-2019, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbieben View Post
The difference between exhausts on the OE bike setup is nothing, however to purchase a slip on exhaust for 2017 onwards you are directed to the E4 compliant version of the slip on. The E4 versions are designed so that the baffle/db killer insert is NON Removable. If you want the option to remove it buy the earlier year slip on. It still fits but the baffle/db killer can be removed.
Having recently bought a Remus (made in Austria) slip-on for my Triumph that had a similar "non-removable" clip welded on to keep the db killer in place, I can say that the tack weld was easily broken with a hammer and a flat screwdriver.

Now I'm not sure if the Suzuki version is any different without looking at it but just an FYI.

2018 Suzuki GSX-S1000

2019 Triumph Speed Twin
post #7 of 8 Old 08-12-2019, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Good info there on the exhaust differences.
post #8 of 8 Old 08-12-2019, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 557 Post(s)
Quote:
now theres some good info....take it from me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page