GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Anybody using Venom front stands?

4K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  frog4aday 
#1 ·
I have two questions. I'm feeling a little stupid because I never had issues lifting the front of my FZ07. I bought the correct Pitbull pin. It doesn't feel like the angle is right. When I lift I'm making contact with the headlight housing. I was trying lift the bike tonight so that I could get new tires tomorrow morning. I got frustrated and quit for the night.

1) Does the Venom head stand work?

2) I also have the front fork pads. Can I lift from the bottom of the forks without messing up the ABS sensors?

Thanks

#4 ·
Also, my venom head lift came with five pins, one of which works perfect on my gsxs1000. The only bike I have that it doesn’t work on, is my RC51. It has a hole through the head as big around as your thumb. Plus, the fender to fairing clearance is virtually non existent. The pit bull lift will handle it, plus I have a venom lift that picks up under the fork legs like you mentioned that I use on the RC51 for washing the bike. It too works on my gsxs1000.

#5 ·
Can't speak to your specific stand I'm sure they're all mostly the same. With mine I have to really make sure the pin is seated which means tugging the wire loom that runs under the head to one side. I have popped the bottom of the headlight out of the bracket once when I was less than careful. Luckily it didn't break.

#9 · (Edited)
FZ-07 = different pin

The Guy in this Video said you need a number 18 pin. Rob.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjM99kMT1os
Slower and Slower,
OMG! I'm an idiot. We are on GSX-S list and I told the guy to get a pin...for a GSX-S.
But going back to Post #1 , I can see he was asking about lifting an FZ-07. Doh!

I removed my earlier post to avoid any confusion.
BUT...checking Pit Bull's website, they are showing it to be a #33 pin
(see attached pic)
https://www.pit-bull.com/yamaha-fz07/pin-33-front-f0001-033

Attachments

#12 ·
I went back and reread my original post. It wasn't as clear as it should have been.

My previous bike was an FZ07. I didn't have any issues getting that one lifted. My current bike is a GSXS 1000. I've had the GSXS for a couple of years but this is really my first time needing to lift the front end.
I need to check the pin that I was using. I'll have to remember to pull it down when I get home tonight before I put my truck in the garage. Stay tuned. ;)

#15 ·
That sounds like the most likely issue (missing the 'bolt' that holds the pin in place.) It may only be a few mm difference, but that can be enough for contact or not. If putting the pin retaining bolt in doesn't prevent the headlight from touching the bar as you lift, I might have an idea for you. Ping us back and let us know how it goes. (At least you have the right pin. That's usually the issue. People don't want to pay $15 for the "right" pin so they use one that goes in the hole, but isn't really the proper 'fit' and then can't figure out why they are having clearance issues. That's not the case for you. #5 is right.) Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.