• 1 Post By Slower and Slower

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 08-24-2019, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
C44 After Exhaust and Flash

I just got everything put back together and after going down the road a bit the CEL came on and it's indicating issues with the o2 sensor. If you have a 2018 or newer make SURE that the o2 sensor is disabled or you are going to get the CEL coming on. I am pretty sure I am going to have to ship it back to Danos for a reflash to disable the o2 sensor.

Has anyone found a working plug for the o2 sensor? I have combed the forums and the closest I found was a optimizer from Dynojet.

EDIT:

If you are experiencing surging/hunting/loping after a full exhaust system is installed the o2 sensor should be disabled. If you have a 2017 or older you can just buy an eliminator kit, if you have a 2018+ you need to have the o2 sensor disabled in the ECU through flashing. You should buy a plug for the port on the exhaust as well because leaving the o2 in with the system disabled can damage the sensor. (It is a ~$150.00 part that you can sell or give away, don't destroy it when a plug costs 6.99 on amazon)

Last edited by jcahanes; 08-24-2019 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Can't delete thread, adding information from other posts.
post #2 of 4 Old 08-24-2019, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Does anyone know if running the bike like this would cause issues with it? I was planning on just leaving it be until the season is over and having it reflashed later.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-24-2019, 08:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcahanes View Post
Does anyone know if running the bike like this would cause issues with it? I was planning on just leaving it be until the season is over and having it reflashed later.
Please Read the latest post by Tom.G on this same area, and his solution.
No point having a rehash of what has been said with a new Thread on the same subject.
https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/suzuk...tle-issue.html

Rob.
frog4aday likes this.

post #4 of 4 Old 09-18-2019, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcahanes View Post
I just got everything put back together and after going down the road a bit the CEL came on and it's indicating issues with the o2 sensor. If you have a 2018 or newer make SURE that the o2 sensor is disabled or you are going to get the CEL coming on. I am pretty sure I am going to have to ship it back to Danos for a reflash to disable the o2 sensor.

Has anyone found a working plug for the o2 sensor? I have combed the forums and the closest I found was a optimizer from Dynojet.

EDIT:

If you are experiencing surging/hunting/loping after a full exhaust system is installed the o2 sensor should be disabled. If you have a 2017 or older you can just buy an eliminator kit, if you have a 2018+ you need to have the o2 sensor disabled in the ECU through flashing. You should buy a plug for the port on the exhaust as well because leaving the o2 in with the system disabled can damage the sensor. (It is a ~$150.00 part that you can sell or give away, don't destroy it when a plug costs 6.99 on amazon)
I have a 2018. My bike is not flashed but I have a full Arrow exhaust with a piggy back controller/tuner. My O2 sensor is plugged in and I have no problems whatsoever. I disabled it and that is when the FI light came on, indicating an O2 sensor problem. With it plugged back in, the bike runs perfectly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page