• 5 Post By broncsrule21

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Some thoughts on M4 and Danos Flash combo

Just got back from about 4hrs of seat time and approximately 200 miles of interstate, high mountain passes, canyon carving, and one gas stop. First and foremost, the bike did not try to buck me or rack my nuts at any point. So, Danos flash in my case, was totally worth every penny. The only fueling issue I had was the bike was sputtering and missing under acceleration at around 10,000ft elevation. Loveland Pass is 11,990ft and Guanella Pass is 11,670. I'm wondering if this is because I have the o2 unplugged??? any thoughts on this are welcome, I will contact Dan and ask him what he thinks. Besides that, the bike is (to me) scary powerful and smooth as silk. I installed the optional Stage 2 DB killer in the M4 and love the noise reduction it provides over the stock insert. It still screams at high RPM but is polite in 6th gear cruise mode. Idles great and doesn't bark or pop.
The saddleman seat worked well, but after about 3.5 hours I was thinking about a lunch stop for sure. But hey, to me that's totally respectable. Overall, I'm totally in love with my new ride. Handles fantastic and goes like a bat out of ****, what's not to like?
Talisker, lost, Razorbak and 2 others like this.

2016 GSX-S1000
2013 Honda F6B
post #2 of 7 Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Glad you like it! There's nothing that sounds quite like a clean flowing exhaust at WOT.

Good luck keeping out of the throttle every time you take off. For me, feeling that extra low end torque is very addictive.

2016 GSXS1000F
2007 Honda VTX 1800F3
post #3 of 7 Old Yesterday, 10:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncsrule21 View Post
Just got back from about 4hrs of seat time and approximately 200 miles of interstate, high mountain passes, canyon carving, and one gas stop. First and foremost, the bike did not try to buck me or rack my nuts at any point. So, Danos flash in my case, was totally worth every penny. The only fueling issue I had was the bike was sputtering and missing under acceleration at around 10,000ft elevation. Loveland Pass is 11,990ft and Guanella Pass is 11,670. I'm wondering if this is because I have the o2 unplugged??? any thoughts on this are welcome, I will contact Dan and ask him what he thinks. Besides that, the bike is (to me) scary powerful and smooth as silk. I installed the optional Stage 2 DB killer in the M4 and love the noise reduction it provides over the stock insert. It still screams at high RPM but is polite in 6th gear cruise mode. Idles great and doesn't bark or pop.
The saddleman seat worked well, but after about 3.5 hours I was thinking about a lunch stop for sure. But hey, to me that's totally respectable. Overall, I'm totally in love with my new ride. Handles fantastic and goes like a bat out of ****, what's not to like?
Bronc....I've been running my full M4 without the DB killer and it felt pretty good (yeah it's loud), read on another thread about Dano's falsh for the full M4 being set up to have the baffle in not out, Dan never mentioned this to me when doing my flash.

So today I did a day trip to the mountains and put it in and it was a completely different bike with a lot more low end torque, power and was silky smooth (like you said).

I had no idea Danos M4 flash was set up for the baffle to be in not out.

2016 GSX S1000
2001 ZX6R
1988 Honda XR250
2001 Yamaha Kodiak 400

post #4 of 7 Old Yesterday, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbak View Post
Bronc....I've been running my full M4 without the DB killer and it felt pretty good (yeah it's loud), read on another thread about Dano's falsh for the full M4 being set up to have the baffle in not out, Dan never mentioned this to me when doing my flash.

So today I did a day trip to the mountains and put it in and it was a completely different bike with a lot more low end torque, power and was silky smooth (like you said).

I had no idea Danos M4 flash was set up for the baffle to be in not out.
Yes, Dano's tune runs a lot smoother with the baffle giving it some back pressure.

I'm currently using 2WDW's tune so I could run the M4 and my Yoshi can w/o the baffle and have a good idle. It's running great. Loads of low end torque. Dano's tune was good, just couldn't get mine to idle smooth w/o the baffle in.

2016 GSXS1000F
2007 Honda VTX 1800F3
post #5 of 7 Old Today, 12:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reagenn View Post
Yes, Dano's tune runs a lot smoother with the baffle giving it some back pressure.

I'm currently using 2WDW's tune so I could run the M4 and my Yoshi can w/o the baffle and have a good idle. It's running great. Loads of low end torque. Dano's tune was good, just couldn't get mine to idle smooth w/o the baffle in.
So you actually sent your ECU out again to 2 wheel Dyno works for another flash?! Where did that come from? (Did I miss it somewhere in another thread)? What made you decide to do that? Very strange that you have had such a violent pulsating idle, but happy for you if you finally got it solved. Details?

🚨
post #6 of 7 Old Today, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapido1 View Post
So you actually sent your ECU out again to 2 wheel Dyno works for another flash?! Where did that come from? (Did I miss it somewhere in another thread)? What made you decide to do that? Very strange that you have had such a violent pulsating idle, but happy for you if you finally got it solved. Details?

🚨
Yes, you were probably out gallivanting around. Lol
Since I had the extra ECU, I thought I would give it a shot.
The idle is much better and low end torque is better. (Dano's tune would never lift the front on mine)
The rest is hard to tell by just seat of the pants, but Dano's tune might run a little better past 5k rpm.
I would love to take both ECUs and get the bike dyno'd with each, and overlay the graphs, just to see if there was much of a difference.

2016 GSXS1000F
2007 Honda VTX 1800F3
post #7 of 7 Old Today, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I can confirm.... on my bike.... a little bit of loping idle with the “stage 1” silencer. Very consistent idle with the “stage 2”. Altitude might be a factor,and other things also. I’m at starting altitude of 5280ft. As far as the power, can’t really say, as I have no issues, this bike roars!

2016 GSX-S1000
2013 Honda F6B

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page