User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 09-01-2019, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Steering damper kit

Hi, I have a Gsx-s1000, 2018 and already a got a Steering Damper Ohlins (by my previous bike) so now I would like to find out a kit that I can mount the Ohlins on my bike ( I saw one kit that mount of the tank but I don't like as I have a givi bag there) then do you know any kit?

Thanks

Cheers
post #2 of 5 Old 09-01-2019, 09:04 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjay View Post
Hi, I have a Gsx-s1000, 2018 and already a got a Steering Damper Ohlins (by my previous bike) so now I would like to find out a kit that I can mount the Ohlins on my bike ( I saw one kit that mount of the tank but I don't like as I have a givi bag there) then do you know any kit?

Thanks

Cheers
Jay Jay...the only 2 that I know about is the gas tank type (which looks horrible) and a "Toby" but it has the dampener in the kit and it is 600.00 (not sure if you can buy it without the dampener)....I'm not doing 600.00....I tried to fit one I thought might work but it was for a GSX R but it wouldn't work so I sent it back.

I'm looking just like you....I could really use one now with the front wheel wanting to lift so easily....Happy Hunting, if you run across one make sure to get back here and post up!

2016 GSX S1000/Gray/-1 +2/Dano's flash
2001 ZX6R
1988 Honda XR250
2001 Yamaha Kodiak 400
post #3 of 5 Old 09-02-2019, 06:28 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Dear @Razorbak thanks for your support... I was surfing on the web and I find out this one http://kaoparts.com/2017/04/20/ohlin...00-gsx-s1000f/

I send a message to them hoping they will reply.

By the way how about Maxracing? If it is good so I should sell my ohlins and opt for that... I do not see any alternatives around..

Cheers

post #4 of 5 Old 09-02-2019, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Good find and 1/2 the price of the Toby...I don't have any experience with Maxracing….the Ohlins is top of the line, If I had a choice I would go with Ohlins.

What did you email them about? If you could buy the bracket without the dampener so you could use your Ohlins dampener? If so let me know what they say....I'd be interested in one too.

2016 GSX S1000/Gray/-1 +2/Dano's flash
2001 ZX6R
1988 Honda XR250
2001 Yamaha Kodiak 400
post #5 of 5 Old 09-04-2019, 03:25 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbak View Post
Good find and 1/2 the price of the Toby...I don't have any experience with MaxracingÖ.the Ohlins is top of the line, If I had a choice I would go with Ohlins.

What did you email them about? If you could buy the bracket without the dampener so you could use your Ohlins dampener? If so let me know what they say....I'd be interested in one too.
Dear @Razorback,

unluckily the shop did not reply to my email message and facebook message ,anyway i sent an email to TOBY and they replied that can sell also only damper bracket mount the cost is about 71 Euro now should understand if can fit well the Ohlins (i have my doubt about that) .

By the way MaxRacing cost 335 USD included the delivery ...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page