• 1 Post By Flywalker

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 09-04-2019, 06:04 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Holeshot Super Tune for 2018〜 Models

I just wanted to provide an answer to this question as it has been bounced around various threads. I own a new Z. I had Holeshot’s full tuning package installed, including Arrow headers and Arrow muffler. After about 175 km, the FI light came on.

The earlier models required the O2 sensor eliminator. With the new models and changes to the ECU, it became unnecessary to disconnect the O2 sensor. Just re-attach it on the new exhaust system and GO!

The bike is powerful and fast from below 4,000rpm and just screams after 7,000rpm. Throttle is buttery smooth. There is no flat spot whatsoever. This is SO much more bike than what I picked up off the showroom floor!

There was no pulsating throttle at all until I removed the baffle. The bike also ran weak at lower rpm. I drilled 6 holes into the baffle and put it back in. All the power returned down low, I have more top end then I had before, and the sound at idle through to WOT is awesome.

Highly recommended! Anyone who puts approaching 200 dyno runs on his own machine to build the perfect tune must have come **** close to achieving it.
post #2 of 7 Old 09-04-2019, 08:55 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Which Arrow muffler do you have? Pics please.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-04-2019, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapido1 View Post
Which Arrow muffler do you have? Pics please.
Arrow Pro Race. Looks a bit like a slimmer, longer M4.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DA5F2D53-31F5-411C-8BB4-1FD37E7C2449_1567634167306.jpg (182.9 KB, 15 views)

post #4 of 7 Old 09-04-2019, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flywalker View Post
I just wanted to provide an answer to this question as it has been bounced around various threads. I own a new Z. I had Holeshotís full tuning package installed, including Arrow headers and Arrow muffler. After about 175 km, the FI light came on.

The earlier models required the O2 sensor eliminator. With the new models and changes to the ECU, it became unnecessary to disconnect the O2 sensor. Just re-attach it on the new exhaust system and GO!

The bike is powerful and fast from below 4,000rpm and just screams after 7,000rpm. Throttle is buttery smooth. There is no flat spot whatsoever. This is SO much more bike than what I picked up off the showroom floor!

There was no pulsating throttle at all until I removed the baffle. The bike also ran weak at lower rpm. I drilled 6 holes into the baffle and put it back in. All the power returned down low, I have more top end then I had before, and the sound at idle through to WOT is awesome.

Highly recommended! Anyone who puts approaching 200 dyno runs on his own machine to build the perfect tune must have come **** close to achieving it.
Hi Flywalker,
To be a bit clearer for someone reading your Post contemplating going down your route, please confirm that you now have a permanent FI light up full time ?
I thought it was necessary to change the stock narrow band O2 sensor to a wide band sensor or you will get this FI alarm light up.

Rob.
post #5 of 7 Old 09-04-2019, 07:28 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
I don’t know if this would help but I own a Z125 with big bore kit Bazzaz tuner.
When I first got it all together and running the ecu dash light came on and wouldn’t go away so I disconnected
the 02 eliminator went for a 20min ride got home connect the 02 eliminator and just rode the bike.
Now the light went out on about the 4th ride so it took a while Before it turned off.
I noticed that you don’t need a 02 eliminator but I’m wondering if you just disconnect the 02 go for a ride then reconnect if it might fix your problem.
post #6 of 7 Old 09-04-2019, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slower and Slower View Post
Quote:
I just wanted to provide an answer to this question as it has been bounced around various threads. I own a new Z. I had Holeshot’s full tuning package installed, including Arrow headers and Arrow muffler. After about 175 km, the FI light came on.

Hi Flywalker,
To be a bit clearer for someone reading your Post contemplating going down your route, please confirm that you now have a permanent FI light up full time ?
I thought it was necessary to change the stock narrow band O2 sensor to a wide band sensor or you will get this FI alarm light up.

Rob.
Hi Rob,

To make it crystal clear... my mechanic removed the O2 eliminator that came with the Holeshot package and simply re-attached the original O2 sensor to the Arrow exhaust.

I now have NO FI light showing on my dash and the bike runs perfectly.

The mechanic ran a diagnostic test to find out what had triggered the FI light and the reason was the O2 sensor. With it plugged back in, there appears to be no problem whatsoever now.
Slower and Slower likes this.
post #7 of 7 Old 09-04-2019, 09:19 PM

Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Quote:
Arrow Pro Race. Looks a bit like a slimmer, longer M4.
looks really nice, thanks! Just arrived today my Arrow Race Tech Carbon muffler, looking forward to getting it installed and hear the sound, I’m now leaning towards a “longer” traditional muffler for deeper sound and better performance, we shall see!

Last edited by Rapido1; 09-04-2019 at 09:22 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page