LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 09-09-2019, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Options for mirrors

Greetings!

I’m currently shopping for bar end mirrors. I’ve tried various ones in the past even the circular CRG ones. They all have the problem of moving out of place when I travel over 80mph. I wish I could remove the rear view mirrors completely but they’re something I actually use. So I’m looking for ones that are firm and can stay in place even after heavy acceleration and higher speeds. If you got any suggestions, that would be great and a picture too please!

Thanks!!
post #2 of 5 Old 09-09-2019, 09:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boilovepho View Post
Greetings!

Iím currently shopping for bar end mirrors. Iíve tried various ones in the past even the circular CRG ones. They all have the problem of moving out of place when I travel over 80mph. I wish I could remove the rear view mirrors completely but theyíre something I actually use. So Iím looking for ones that are firm and can stay in place even after heavy acceleration and higher speeds. If you got any suggestions, that would be great and a picture too please!

Thanks!!
I use CRG Arrow clones, $20, good visibility, solid on the freeway and under hard acceleration, better than the Speedmetal CRG clones and Rizoma Reverse Retro clones I've used in the past. Only downsides are they stick out a bit which isn't the best if you lane split but I think you can flip them inward. Also, quality control isn't the best. I returned the first set which fell apart when I tried to adjust the screws. Second set has been solid though. Otherwise, the genuine CRG are $200+ for the set which I'm guessing should be trouble free.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 5 Old 09-09-2019, 09:29 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Garage
I've had the CNC racing Rocket mirrors on my bike for quite a while and love them. I had the CRG LSs on my last bike and had no complaint with them, other than they need an adapter (or in my case a smaller Renthal bar end) to make them fit.
The CNC Racing Rocket works with the factory bar ends just fine. I like the weight of the factory bar ends and have tried Delrin slider style replacements with poor results (too much vibrations).

Here's a link to a thread where I posted some pictures.
Now that I've had bar ends on the bike, it would be hard to go back. It cleans up the forward field of view and just makes the ride more enjoyable.

post #4 of 5 Old 09-10-2019, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boilovepho View Post
Greetings!

Iím currently shopping for bar end mirrors. Iíve tried various ones in the past even the circular CRG ones. They all have the problem of moving out of place when I travel over 80mph. I wish I could remove the rear view mirrors completely but theyíre something I actually use. So Iím looking for ones that are firm and can stay in place even after heavy acceleration and higher speeds. If you got any suggestions, that would be great and a picture too please!

Thanks!!
If you want them because the stock ones don't provide a proper view, know that you can pull back the rubber boots and twist the mirrors out further. I found the stock mirrors couldn't see behind me properly until I adjusted them that exact way.

Now if you want bar end's because of another reason, then I can't help you there.
Reagenn likes this.

2018 Suzuki GSX-S1000

Blue rim tape / Fender eliminator / Pazzo levers

2019 Triumph Speed Twin (for sale soon ...)
post #5 of 5 Old 09-10-2019, 08:59 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
I have the CRG Arrows, look great and never had a movement problem at high speed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page