GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Show Us Your Fly By Sound Clip!

18K views 100 replies 22 participants last post by  Rapido1 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, So I'm starting a new thread that should be cool. (Is 2 people and a GoPro the only way to get a good video/sound clip)?

Post your sound clips, but must be action "Fly By" (no garage/stationary permitted) gassing it through the gears, with a description of exhaust and mods you've done that would effect the sound. Hopefully a shot of your bike (and you) to start! And should be around 1 minute (not too long).

Reagg, you can start it off!

#2 ·
Good idea. One thing I've noticed is that the exhaust sound is completely different twisting the throttle when stopped in neutral, as opposed to under load.
That's a great reason for fly-bys. ;)

Snooze you lose Reagenn.

Here's mine.
(stock headers / resonator - no db killers).

#9 ·
Problem is I don't think my IPhone will cut it! I will consult my "friend list" to see if I can come up with a better method!

How 'bout "show us your fly by sound clip - with wheelie scores extra points"!
I guess I'm out. My last bike was a wheelie machine (FZ-07), and I kinda got over it. I haven't wheelied my F and I'm getting old and brittle enough that I don't think I'll try :|

#21 ·
Yes Reagg! The Yosh Alpha!

What is the easiest way to record/film a Fly-By?

Can just an I Phone do it? I have friends with Go Pros but no additional microphone. Wish the IPhone would work, but i doubt the sound quality would be very good. Has anyone tried?

#22 ·
Rap...Haven't tried the iPhone. I going to try and get my vid done next week...I've got a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 and it does great videos (it better...was almost 800.00 when I bought it) so I'm going to try that, not sure how the mic will do with a loud exhaust like we are trying to get audio of. We'll see.

#24 ·
I know that on my Android Note phone, the exhaust would severely distort the sound inside the shop, but outside it did some better. Depending on which iPhone you have, it might work.
My wife used her DSLR camera for my fly-by video and it actually did a great job but still lacked catching the full range of sound.
I plan on doing an idle and rev video to see if I can get it any closer to the real thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.