Wrecked my 2018 gsxs-1000 replaced with a 2006 gsxr-1000 14,000 miles while fixing - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 Old 09-22-2019, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Wrecked my 2018 gsxs-1000 replaced with a 2006 gsxr-1000 14,000 miles while fixing

Well guys the day has some I was the fast guy in the canyon on the gsxs but everyone makes a mistake or gets into a mad situation once in a while, I ended up getting on an accident and almost whent head on into a car, ended up ripping the stator cover and stator off my bike

What ever you guys do donít run case savers it cracked holes and ripped my covers off on both sides, also roped off my pedi and exhaust got rip as well Iím hoping to get insurance to fix it, Iím okay because I had a full set of gear on alpinestars go pro v2 racing suit and a good helmet saved me,

But Iíve beeen wanting to get a track bike and I figured the 2006 was a great deal the power mid and top is much better than my gsxs, my GSXR came with a full arrow exhaust vortex rear sets power commander 5 brembo front master cylinder with steel braided brake lines

Itís an amazing bike needs new breaks but took it out to the canyons and got my knee down with ease was a little nervous because it was the same canyon I crashed on but Iíll put a more detailed review on the bike our bikes where based off! Iíd like to get both ECUís flashed when I do a in depth review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #2 of 24 Old 09-22-2019, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Slower and Slower and mike d like this.
post #3 of 24 Old 09-22-2019, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

post #4 of 24 Old 09-22-2019, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
It has been laid down on the right side dosent look bad at all but I do love the bike so far I put a Q4 on the rear and left the road 5 on the front, not a bad combo but Iíll end up putting a front Q4 on it as well so I can be confident in the bike

post #5 of 24 Old 09-22-2019, 10:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Ouch, glad you are okay. Is the GSXS totalled?

What case savers did you have? I'm using T-Rex.

How do you like the GSXR vs GSXS for the twisties?

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk
post #6 of 24 Old 09-22-2019, 10:29 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Is the frame scratched up or gouged? When I dropped my gsxr, they totaled it due to a few frame scratches. It was a relatively brand new bike, I bought it back for 3k and just spent 1k and bought new fairings and rode it for 5 years more and sold it for almost same price as non wrecked. Hindsight, if I had known about that, I would of filled the few scratches w some filler, and sprayed some frame black paint before the inspector came out though.

I keep a can of it now just incase it ever happens again.

You're safe though man! that's really all that matters, if its totaled, buy it back and get it back up to speed and rock it as a fun bike
post #7 of 24 Old 09-22-2019, 10:49 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 529 Post(s)
Garage
I'm just glad it wasn't worse Triz-man! The GSXR looks great and really fun!
post #8 of 24 Old 09-22-2019, 10:56 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Glad you're okay! Hate that you had that happen, but am sure it will work out for you. Looks like a totaled bike to me.

2016 GSXS1000F
2017 GSXR1000
post #9 of 24 Old 09-22-2019, 11:00 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reagenn View Post
Glad you're okay! Hate that you had that happen, but am sure it will work out for you. Looks like a totaled bike to me.

It may be totaled, but if he can buy it back cheap, I don't see that side as affecting the bike at all. I mean, he can replace the whole cover, and stator, the fairings are pretty cheap. few hundred bucks, couple hours. Everything less than a grand I would imagine.

could have a sweet ride!

Bikes that would turn me off, would be ones with fork damage, swing arm damaged, but a direct side? Wouldn't particularly push me away. Like I mentioned, I just filled the scratches, painted it, it rode straight, Went to the department motor vehicles and to them looked new, and signed it off for safe road use.

Didn't take much effort at all, just some time. I used ebay for a lot of parts, got basically new pieces off repossessed bikes and such, but there's a lot more gsxr's than gsxs's parts on eBay I reckon. cant hurt to look tho!
post #10 of 24 Old 09-23-2019, 02:56 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
T-M,
Glad you escaped a near death experience under a car.
The frame may be bent or cracked as that slider took a far knock.

Last week in the canyons, actually going down a mountain, I waved on a super fast 20'ish year old on a new Black & White GSX-R 750.
He was a skier on the snow, poetry in motion around the curves. I knew he was young when I got down to the bottom, and he was all rested up and the bike was cooling down.

Our 40 to 50 years difference, is that I KNOW I cannot 'do that dance' anymore. That is why I am Slower and Slower every year, and you know what, I get the same buzz.
An awful lot slower, a geriatric around blind corners, BUT I know where the Old Mates crosses are up and down The Mountain. I accept my skill's and personal limit's will decrease each year.
Nothing to prove anymore (never did), and I am happy to hang up the boots when the time comes.

Rob.
oldjackbob likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page