LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 10-04-2019, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question Pitbull Headlift Stand question

Hello friends,

Does anyone know if a Pitbull headlift stand (raising from the hole in the triple tree) will fit under the fairing of an F model?

A quick search shows our naked owners have had success with them using the #5 pin, but the clearance on an F model is borderline. Just wondering if the top horizontal arm of the stand will get under the nose of the bike.

I love the Pitbull products, but I'm not sold on the "ABS friendly" fork stand version. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited by 18MatteBlack; 10-04-2019 at 02:57 PM.
post #2 of 17 Old 10-04-2019, 08:38 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 440 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18MatteBlack View Post
Hello friends,

Does anyone know if a Pitbull headlift stand (raising from the hole in the triple tree) will fit under the fairing of an F model?

A quick search shows our naked owners have had success with them using the #5 pin, but the clearance on an F model is borderline. Just wondering if the top horizontal arm of the stand will get under the nose of the bike.

I love the Pitbull products, but I'm not sold on the "ABS friendly" fork stand version. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help!
18 Matte, it's your lucky day, I have the answer direct from George, the General manager of Pit Bull!

I have a Pit Bull front stand with a #5 pin (indicated for our bike), but it is too tight a fit. The arm of the stand hits the front fender. So I recently contacted Pit Bull, here is the reply email from the Pit Bull GM:

"I checked the Katana at the trade show(they did not have the í20 GSX-S 1000 in yet so they didnít bring one at all) and according to Suzuki the Katana shares components with the GSX-S 1000. I was able to get the #5 pin in the hole of the Katana but it did rub the fender just a bit as I was getting the pin in place. For that reason, I notated the #6 pin for the Katana as it is angled and easier to put into place. That might be the route to go with the GSX-S 1000 models as well. On the very first GSX-S 1000 that I fit, I found the #5 to be a better fit Ė but itís possible that changed over time or may have even been a pre-production Suzuki(since I measured it at a tradeshow when they had not fully released it yet).

George F Hoffman
General Manager
Pit Bull Products, Inc.
256-533-1977

I informed George that the GSXS-1000 is not offered in the U.S. for 2020, but is basically the same bike. How cool that the General Manager of Pit Bull remembered my question and followed up. He is sending me a #6 pin at no charge. So #6 pin it is. And hats of to Pit Bull for excellent customer service!
mike d and frog4aday like this.
post #3 of 17 Old 10-04-2019, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thank you Rapido! Is your bike an F model? If so, where does the arm of the stand contact the node of the fairing?

post #4 of 17 Old 10-05-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18MatteBlack View Post
Thank you Rapido! Is your bike an F model? If so, where does the arm of the stand contact the node of the fairing?
No, my bike is not an F. Why don't you contact George at Pit Bull directly, but remember, Pit Bull front stands are used on many race bikes with full fairings, should work with the #6 pin.
post #5 of 17 Old 10-05-2019, 11:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Its a 13mm headstand pin. So whatever that is on Pitbull is what it is. I own the 13mm woodcraft triple tree lift and fits just fine. I imagine F and naked are same
post #6 of 17 Old 10-05-2019, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Well this is good to know since I own that pitbull stand, but I never had to use it on Suzuki yet.That stand worked on my FZ1 , FJ-09 and my buddies Monster. It's a great stand.
post #7 of 17 Old 10-05-2019, 03:04 PM

My FZ-09 used a fatter pin than the GSXS, would not enter the hole. #6 on the way.
post #8 of 17 Old 10-05-2019, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
I use the smallest pin for every bike, I never had a problem.
post #9 of 17 Old 10-05-2019, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 529 Post(s)
Garage
I have the #5 on my Pit Bull and it lifts the front fine (with back already lifted).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pit_bull_5.jpg (40.2 KB, 20 views)
post #10 of 17 Old 10-05-2019, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Pit bull headlift stand works good with the naked but it is close to the fender as it is with my other bike. I wrapped mine with packaging foam to protect the paint on my bikes fender.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9468BADB-F1BE-489A-826C-3E466B99204D.jpg (136.6 KB, 13 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page