GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Gear lash

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  dieguezzz 
#1 ·
Anyone else think the GSXS1OOO has excessive gear lash. My chain is adjusted properly and is not worn, putting the bike up on the stand and taking up the slack in the chain, moving the wheel there seems to be a lot of slack in the gears. Annoying when transitioning rolled off to driving through corners, not throttle problem.

#4 ·
#13 ·
Yes, i have the woolich hardware installed and I just messed around with (faux-launch control), decel fuel cut off. But my fueling and all the other tables are stock (Belgian limited ECU to 106hp)

I downloaded a canadian ecu file, and i clearly see the fuel tables are clearly restricted on my bike in comparison to his. But im too much of a wuss to upload his file on my own ecu to feel the difference... should I just say fck it and flash it with a Nort American file? :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

#14 ·
should I just say fck it and flash it with a Nort American file?
I would be more tempted to see if you can find a secondhand ECU from France, Germany, England ect. There have been differences in ECU's before from the U.S. Finding a E.U one would probably give you a better chance of success.
Also, you can always just slot the original ECU back in if you should need to when you sell and then sell the ECU after you are finished with it:)

#15 ·
Now, if woolich software owners would be a nice bunch and share a few tables on the woolich map share software it would feel like a nice community, I will definitely share my map when Im done tuning it. But at the same time I understand every bike is different and some are modded and some not, so sharing the map need to have lots of detail in the descriptikn.

NOW to go back to the OP on gear lash. Since disabling the deceleration fuel cut, drivetrain lash is non existant! Which feels like a different bike.

I still have a big thump from standstill when engaging first, but I have felt this on many bikes. The only bike that was butter smooth was a 2001 R6. You put that thing in 1st and you just hear "click".

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.