14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 Old 11-12-2019, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Gsxs tail of the dragon event

I was thinking next year all of us east coast riders or whoever wants to attend would want to start an annual meet. I think this would have an amazing turn out and it would be nice for all of us to get together. Please give your consensus on what you think relating dates or possible different locations.

I was thinking a weekend in may would be good since it starts to warm up and the cold won't scare anyone away
post #2 of 39 Old 11-13-2019, 06:58 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Garage
I’m interested, I haven’t done a meet since the hayabusa group went of the rails

Slow is fast
post #3 of 39 Old 11-13-2019, 09:12 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
FZ1 aka FZ1OA has been doing it for years, we use to stay at Fontana Village. I went the first 2 years and it was great, the planners got sponsors for prizes I got a set of tires once for the second longest distance to the rally (851miles). There was a big barbecue on Sat, people had those dumb name tags on. It was fun with 200 FZ1's riding around the area, but it takes a lot of planning.

post #4 of 39 Old 11-13-2019, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
I'm down for whatever. I'm usually up there at least 4 times a year. I'd like to come with my toy hauler so I'll have to stay down near robbinsville or stecoah valley down on 28.

Or we could host it in Suches Ga. At Two Wheels of Suches. I'm sure Bill would not mind. Lodge there with rooms, plenty of camping spots, bunk houses to rent and good food at a reasonable price in the lodge. Not to mention at the driveway either direction takes you to the best roads in the country.

2016 GSX-S1000
post #5 of 39 Old 11-13-2019, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
As long as my schedule permits...I'd like to hook up with you guys in May, in the Carolina's.

2016 naked|Dano flash|full M4|+3 rear
post #6 of 39 Old 11-13-2019, 08:54 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
i would be interested but probably not a good idea as i just started biking for first time in my life haha
post #7 of 39 Old 11-13-2019, 10:28 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Garage
I'm interested. A GSXS rally would be awesome.

"Its designed to look like a crouching beast"
"Looks more like an Angry Bird character"
post #8 of 39 Old 11-14-2019, 01:27 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I heard great things about suches GA, I've never been but it's all about the same distance for me I'm down for whatever, I was just using the tail as a centerpoint since alot of us go there. If we can get a ruff estimate of how many people would attend I can do most of the planning and we can make this the first gsxs event ever to my knowledge
roy826 and lost like this.
post #9 of 39 Old 11-14-2019, 01:37 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Fieromx3, I would agree with you but I'm all about learn from your mistakes and the only way to learn is by doing. My friend bought a brand new mt09 and crashed it in a parking lot at 133 miles and snapped the bars and cracked the tank and case covers and I told him I'll fix it and $800 later it was fixed and not even a week later at 350 miles he crashed it again because he got scared of a bump in a turn and it wasent that bad this time but he cracked his rim and other things and I told him that I'm not fixing it this time your going to learn and I made him go to the dealer to get it fixed and $1800 later he learned. Btw this all happend within one month and we took him to the tail and 226a diamondback and he started slow but he learned and synced with the bike and now he's at 3k and loves to ride instead of being scared
post #10 of 39 Old 11-14-2019, 09:59 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronliny View Post
Fieromx3, I would agree with you but I'm all about learn from your mistakes and the only way to learn is by doing. My friend bought a brand new mt09 and crashed it in a parking lot at 133 miles and snapped the bars and cracked the tank and case covers and I told him I'll fix it and $800 later it was fixed and not even a week later at 350 miles he crashed it again because he got scared of a bump in a turn and it wasent that bad this time but he cracked his rim and other things and I told him that I'm not fixing it this time your going to learn and I made him go to the dealer to get it fixed and $1800 later he learned. Btw this all happend within one month and we took him to the tail and 226a diamondback and he started slow but he learned and synced with the bike and now he's at 3k and loves to ride instead of being scared

226A now youíre in my backyard. I love that road. We are up there almost every weekend when itís warm.

Slow is fast

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page