GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Gsxs 750 dirt bars?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  GsxsPhantom 
#1 ·
Im looking for some dirt bars that clamp at 1&1/18" but also taper down to 7/8ths for my controlls and grips. Any recommendations? I want that fuller upright straight out arm feel.

#2 · (Edited)
I want that fuller upright straight out arm feel.
Not sure what you mean by that.

Do you want it to be more forward and taller? You might try Rox 2" pivot risers. Not sure if cable length will be enough with the stock bar and you'll likely end up blocking off some of the LCD gauge.

Do you just want it to be taller? If so, there are 20mm spacers available.

Personally, I found that the stock upright seating position, while comfortable on the showroom floor, was actually the source of several issues: wind buffeting (ugly windscreen needed), uncomfortable seat (who ever thought it was a good idea to combine an upright seating position with a forward downward sloping seat should be fired), and vague front end feel in the corners (had me wanting to trade it in for a GSXR).

If you have any of these issues and have the naked version, I'd recommend going with a lower handlebar. I went with a Renthal Fatbar Street Low which is like an inch lower, couple inches wider, and straighter across. Riding position is like a leaned over supermoto where you have your elbows sticking out. Without sacrificing comfort, I found that the Street Low eliminated all my issues. Also, cable length is fine for using it with the Rox risers, which then puts you in more of a standard supermoto position.

I wish it was possible to put clipons on there, but due to tank and fairing interference at full turn lock, the Street Low is about as low you can go while avoiding crushing your thumbs against the tank.

Recently, I found the Rizoma Race Retro clubman style handlebar which looks like they're maybe a couple inches lower, a couple inches forward, and with more sweep (maybe the equivalent of clipons with 3-4" risers?). Tank clearance seems questionable though.

Edit: Oops, this all for the naked 1000.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I want that fuller upright straight out arm feel.
Not sure what you mean by that.

Do you want it to be more forward and taller? You might try Rox 2" pivot risers. Not sure if cable length will be enough with the stock bar and you'll likely end up blocking off some of the LCD gauge.

Do you just want it to be taller? If so, there are 20mm spacers available.

Personally, I found that the stock upright seating position, while comfortable on the showroom floor, was actually the source of several issues: wind buffeting (ugly windscreen needed), uncomfortable seat (who ever thought it was a good idea to combine an upright seating position with a forward downward sloping seat should be fired), and vague front end feel in the corners (had me wanting to trade it in for a GSXR).

If you have any of these issues and have the naked version, I'd recommend going with a lower handlebar. I went with a Renthal Fatbar Street Low which is like an inch lower, couple inches wider, and straighter across. Riding position is like a leaned over supermoto where you have your elbows sticking out. Without sacrificing comfort, I found that the Street Low eliminated all my issues. Also, cable length is fine for using it with the Rox risers, which then puts you in more of a standard supermoto position.

I wish it was possible to put clipons on there, but due to tank and fairing interference at full turn lock, the Street Low is about as low you can go while avoiding crushing your thumbs against the tank.

Recently, I found the Rizoma Race Retro clubman style handlebar which looks like they're maybe a couple inches lower, a couple inches forward, and with more sweep (maybe the equivalent of clipons with 3-4" risers?). Tank clearance seems questionable though.

Edit: Oops, this all for the naked 1000.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

I want them to be taller. I am 6'7. The stock gsxs 750 bars are a tad too low for my liking. Want something high like ppl do on the Fz09's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.