GSXS 1000 Forum banner

New Member from Canada

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  beergod 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi I just joined this form this morning. I was in my local dealership last week and took a good look at the GSXS1000....****! I was lucky to get out of the dealership with my wallet intact. I need another motorcycle like I need a hole in my head.

Unless common sense and good judgement takes over some point before next spring there is a strong possibility I will be buying a grey one.

I have never bought a first year production model. For those of you that have experience with the motorcycle and have put some miles on it is there anything I should be concerned about?

#4 ·
Hey N of M, another Canadian newbie here.
I got to really thinking about the GSXS last week, seeing it in the dealership. I'll opt for the F version, only for the better headlight, but I'm going to watch developments for a year, lurking on the forum here.
It's going to have to share my affections with my 2014 DL1000 though - it has perfect ergos for long haul touring (for me), adequate power, and I won't turn it around should the road turn to gravel. I hope to use the F for light touring duties.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.