• 1 Post By CAADet

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 07-15-2017, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New 2016 S1000f owner

I just received my red/black 2016 S1000f. What a beauty, the guys at the dealer all complimented how nice it looks and sounds vs the other bikes they have on the lot. Got a great deal on the 2016 with 2k rebate applied, added extended warranty.

Coming from a Yamaha FJR i needed something more fun and lighter but still a sports tourer with an upright position, this bike fit the bill perfectly. I am in my 40s (45) and yes it works. Looking from BMW r1200r/rs to the k1300s, this was such a bargain. Although the BMW ESA is nice, I dont miss it. While the suspension is stiffer, it works fine and better than my XDiavel. Love the speed and pickup. Thought the 80lb-ft torque wont be enough but it sure can haul.

I saw the 2018 blue/black edition that has a bump in hp and torque. Its not as good as the red because of the blue they used. The hp/torque may not be that noticeable. Plus it starts at 11,990. Im glad my dealer found the red/black f. Its awesome. I just spent 10k, so welcome me!
post #2 of 7 Old 07-15-2017, 06:44 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Welcome CAADet, that red and black is mesmerizing isn't it. I considered the XDiavel but the price was a little steep for me, once I hopped on my F I never looked back and have 0 regrets...
post #3 of 7 Old 07-15-2017, 08:40 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Cheers, To you and your F for many miles and many smiles! Welcome.

The Dude Abides and Rides:
2017 Suzuki GSX-R 1000-Blue

Track only

2017 R6-Blue/Black

post #4 of 7 Old 07-15-2017, 08:55 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Congrats! I came from the Honda ST1300 sport tourer, so I know where you're coming from. I still have the Honda for when the wife wants to go, but otherwise it's the Gsxs. You won't regret your choice.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-15-2017, 11:08 AM

Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Garage
Congrats and welcome! I was always a fan of the FJRs and it was on my list when I started looking for something more tour worthy. Then I found the S1000F. It just seems like the perfect combo of daily commuter, canyon carver, and distance worthy. The weight, ergos, and power just tick all the boxes for me.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-15-2017, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Talking Love the S1000F!

Goodness! I went for another ride today, totally 125 miles now on the OD. Its too much fun Im always looking out for cops - something I dont do on the FJR since people think I am the cop. The sound and the short gear changes reminds of the Lambo's sounds. Wow. Someone said this is the most underrated bike out there - this is so true! I wouldnt have looked at Suzuki if I hadn't ran into the S750's at the dealer while looking at the 2016 FJR. I sat on the 750s thinking all this time it was the 1000.

No kidding as you all ST1300 and FJR owners are moving to the S1000. Seriously, if the FJR lost maybe 150lb I would buy it again but it just keeps getting heavier. I'm hoping that Yamaha takes their transcontinental tourer's design (esp front end, like R1, R6) and some weight loss to the FJR. It really needs a refreshing. I would probably then replace my FJR.
mike d likes this.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-15-2017, 10:15 PM

Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAADet View Post
Goodness! I went for another ride today, totally 125 miles now on the OD. Its too much fun Im always looking out for cops - something I dont do on the FJR since people think I am the cop. The sound and the short gear changes reminds of the Lambo's sounds. Wow. Someone said this is the most underrated bike out there - this is so true! I wouldnt have looked at Suzuki if I hadn't ran into the S750's at the dealer while looking at the 2016 FJR. I sat on the 750s thinking all this time it was the 1000.

No kidding as you all ST1300 and FJR owners are moving to the S1000. Seriously, if the FJR lost maybe 150lb I would buy it again but it just keeps getting heavier. I'm hoping that Yamaha takes their transcontinental tourer's design (esp front end, like R1, R6) and some weight loss to the FJR. It really needs a refreshing. I would probably then replace my FJR.
My sentiments exactly! I picked up some luggage for the GSX and I think I can do whatever I need now, and have a freaking blast doing it, no matter what! I was thinking of an FJR, Interceptor, Ducati SS, before I found this bike and I'm glad I found and chose this one. It is a freaking blast! It's also a bargain in comparison, although I would have paid more if I thought I could get a better all around bike, but I just don't think there is one for my riding.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page