LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 Old 02-25-2018, 03:46 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhuketPaul View Post
Where do you find the STP maps for different levels of Traction Control? I can see a different Map for each of the gears, (7 maps including Neutral, 1-5 all identical) and then 3 others labeled Other 1-3.

Other 3 is identical to the gear Maps
Other 2 will produce very little power from 3000 to 5000
Other 1 will produce almost no power at WOT from 5000 - 6500 (i.e STP only open 4%)

I certainly can't feel that sort of difference when riding with Traction control on.
Yep thats correct. One map for each TC level.
TC is not just about reacting to loss of traction but being proactive and reducing the chance of losing traction.
You probably wouldn't notice much difference unless you were always riding balls to the wind and WOT every chance you get.

Honda MB50
Suzuki GS750
Honda CB550
Suzuki GSX750EX
Harley Davidson XL1200R
Suzuki GSX-S1000FA
post #12 of 13 Old 02-25-2018, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Geobob/tigerlily1 Send a message via MSN to Geobob/tigerlily1 Send a message via Yahoo to Geobob/tigerlily1
(Thread Starter)
I read a couple of threads on the subject. Which one would be the best to continue this discussion in. I have a few questions, ok maybe a lot. For starters, where and how are you guys reading the maps. I have an older EFI computer on another bike that I can look at on my lap top and make live changes to while the bike is running. Its a simple program prepared about 10-15 years ago but it has gotten me very interested in digital tuning. I spent years working with my 6 carbs on the CBX. This digital tuning seems like it could be much easier and more fun. Unfortunately has me looking for ways to make tuning changes while riding which is probably not a good idea.

Would think that using a cell phone app with voice commands could make a seat of the pants dyno testing the way to go. I have just begun looking at the options you guys are talking about.

Just let me know where to take this thread and we will work out the details when the time comes.

I am currently waiting for his tital to clear and getting quotes on shipping from Ut to Pa.
post #13 of 13 Old 02-26-2018, 12:13 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geobob/tigerlily1 View Post
I read a couple of threads on the subject. Which one would be the best to continue this discussion in. I have a few questions, ok maybe a lot. For starters, where and how are you guys reading the maps. I have an older EFI computer on another bike that I can look at on my lap top and make live changes to while the bike is running. Its a simple program prepared about 10-15 years ago but it has gotten me very interested in digital tuning. I spent years working with my 6 carbs on the CBX. This digital tuning seems like it could be much easier and more fun. Unfortunately has me looking for ways to make tuning changes while riding which is probably not a good idea.

Would think that using a cell phone app with voice commands could make a seat of the pants dyno testing the way to go. I have just begun looking at the options you guys are talking about.

Just let me know where to take this thread and we will work out the details when the time comes.

I am currently waiting for his tital to clear and getting quotes on shipping from Ut to Pa.
I'm using Woolich Racing software and on bike harness. Also running their Autotune module

Honda MB50
Suzuki GS750
Honda CB550
Suzuki GSX750EX
Harley Davidson XL1200R
Suzuki GSX-S1000FA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page