GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Another newbie

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  john2019 
#1 ·
New to the GSX-S 1000, not to motorcycles.
Started on dirt bikes at 11 and road bikes at 23.
My first was a 1994 CBR600. A year later a 1994 GSXR 750, then married and bills and no bike again until 2006!! A 2006 CBR600 F4i. Couldn’t believe how much more power it had than the 1994 CBR600!
Knee surgery a year later and I still wanted to ride so I got the 2007 Bandit 1250S. Loved the motor but not the size of the bike.
Knee healed quicker than I thought it would so within 8 months I traded the Bandit for a leftover 2007 GSXR 750. Back to a nice light bike but missed the torque of the Bandit.
Come June 2011 I was between jobs so I sold the 750.
Didn’t realize it would be this long to get back on a bike. Just happened to be at the closest Suzuki dealer a couple weeks ago getting a part for my 2012 RMZ 450.
Walked over to the showroom and there sat 4 brand new, leftover 2016 GSXS 1000’s!!
They let me take one home this past Saturday for $7k out the door!!
Almost 300 miles on it now and it is the best bike I have ever owned! Almost as comfy as the Bandit, almost as light as the 750, almost the torque of the Bandit!! Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#10 ·
I agree on the Bandit comments, as I've owned 3 myself. My story is similar, I gave up on the sport bike ergonomics and that led me to the Bandits. Not much out torques the big Bandits but this bike is more than 100lbs lighter and just as comfy. Perfect fit for me at least. I also had an FZ-09 which i have no complaints about, but this bike out accelerates it while not trying to flip over on its head lol. I was lucky enough to find mine almost unmolested with just over 500 miles on the odo recently. Congrats on your find!!!

#11 ·
The torque of the Bandit really wanted me to try a ZX14 but I knew I would tire of its size quickly. I am only 5’6” tall and even though I workout and weigh 200lbs, I still love a light bike. Even a 6’6” friend of mine sticks to 600’s and 750 sport bikes. He had a Hayabusa for a little while but came back to a 600!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.