Nice Dave. Was the install pretty straight forward?
I tend to ride with my high beams on during the day only for better visibility but wouldn't mind having a brighter low-beam instead. These do the trick?
I don't ride at night normally so that's not an issue for me. My concern is being seen approaching an intersection or similar hazard.
Haven't tested them yet because of the weather, but it lights up the garage much brighter than stock. The 6000k is more white than yellow which I prefer at night. For daylight use, can't say if it will offer any more visibility. I might be able to test it out today.
Install is straightforward:
- Remove the plastic shroud covering the speedo which is held in place by the 2 bolts at the top and a clip at the bottom.
- Remove 2 bolts and pull forward and down on the headlight housing.
- Disconnect the headlight plug and position light (???) plug so you can pull down the housing fully.
- Remove the rubber boot covering the bulb.
- Unhook the retaining latch holding in the bulb.
- Replace bulb with LED bulb, making sure to unscrew the plate like in my previous post when reassembling with the rubber boot.
My wiring might look a little different as I'm using aftermarket turn signals with connector adapers and have the Koso heated grips connected to the keyed aux source. Not sure how I got everything to fit in there but it works.
Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk