LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 07-17-2017, 02:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Review comparision of 750 & 1000 2017

Hi Guy's
Here's a UK YouTube Poster (Spicy 110) review of the 2017 1000 Naked with comparisons to the new 2017 750 he reviewed just earlier.

Rob.

The GSXS750 Review :
Beaker likes this.
post #2 of 12 Old 07-17-2017, 05:24 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 574 Post(s)
you know the old saying...if its on youtube it must be true
Slower and Slower and TheDude like this.
post #3 of 12 Old 07-17-2017, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I like the way the 2 video's ended up in the post over each other, the red just pumps out against the green background.
It makes the 2 bikes easy to compare the differences between each model.

Rob.

post #4 of 12 Old 07-18-2017, 04:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Thumbs up

Good find.
Thanks for posting that

Pull my finger
post #5 of 12 Old 07-18-2017, 09:10 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Garage
For a self-confessed lover of smaller displacement bikes, he sure seemed absolutely gidddy about the power of the GSX-S1000.
post #6 of 12 Old 07-18-2017, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 261 Post(s)
^^ What he said.
post #7 of 12 Old 07-18-2017, 02:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
For a self-confessed lover of smaller displacement bikes, he sure seemed absolutely gidddy about the power of the GSX-S1000.
Ahaha! Yeah, my thought too!

He also mentions the 1000 did not feel that much heavier, kind of defeating the purpose of wanting a smaller displacement bike.

For myself, I like the power of the 1000. I was impressed on day 1. Now, I still appreciate the power at all revs. But, over time, as odd as it may sound, I still see flaws to having instant power at all revs/gears. Who would have thought!? Being used to peaky engines (and I am now realizing I like them actually), I sort of don't like the fact that I can ride the bike without downshifting, be lazy, and still be very quick. It makes me more ... lazy at times. I actually like when I have to work for it. That's the only 'complain' I have on the bike power, so it's a pretty weak one! At the same time, a liter bike will have more power up top than a 600-750cc. That I like. I bet I would be looking for more powA if I switch to a smaller displacement bike. After a year, I am already getting used to the powA of mine, and want more! Time for a few mods I think.
mike d likes this.
post #8 of 12 Old 07-18-2017, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danGTS View Post
Ahaha! Yeah, my thought too!

He also mentions the 1000 did not feel that much heavier, kind of defeating the purpose of wanting a smaller displacement bike.

For myself, I like the power of the 1000. I was impressed on day 1. Now, I still appreciate the power at all revs. But, over time, as odd as it may sound, I still see flaws to having instant power at all revs/gears. Who would have thought!? Being used to peaky engines (and I am now realizing I like them actually), I sort of don't like the fact that I can ride the bike without downshifting, be lazy, and still be very quick. It makes me more ... lazy at times. I actually like when I have to work for it. That's the only 'complain' I have on the bike power, so it's a pretty weak one! At the same time, a liter bike will have more power up top than a 600-750cc. That I like. I bet I would be looking for more powA if I switch to a smaller displacement bike. After a year, I am already getting used to the powA of mine, and want more! Time for a few mods I think.
Watch a few videos by Dale Walker and Holeshot and it will get you thinking about headers, cat deletes and a few other things.
On second thought, you probably should NOT watch them.
TheDude likes this.
post #9 of 12 Old 07-19-2017, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post

The 110 in Spicy 110 is because his own bike is 110 cc trail bike or postie bike.
Like a lot of these Y/Tube posters, they are just off the L plates and can't get enough of exploring motorcycles.
The Dealers love them as they personally will rebuy there again and the Video's send them others.
I find the US equivalent reviews are pretty useless as the Distributors Dealer Test Day's just ride in long straight square with stops at traffic lights for bends.
Florida is a bad place for real corners if you want to scape the knee on a RR, based on my observation of these "limited risk to their bikes" experience events.
I like the UK's 'The Missenden Flyer' for a serious new Bike review and 'Captain Rambunctious' for a Tally Bloody Ho good laugh.

Rob.
mike d likes this.
post #10 of 12 Old 07-20-2017, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
The S1000's power is intoxicating. Love the free revving and instant power it delivers.
I got on my FJR and started to ride it with short quick shifts. NOO you dont ride a FJR like that..lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page