• 1 Post By mcm

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 07-21-2017, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Pictures?

Hey guys anyone care to let me know how to attach photos to posts?
Thanks in advance
Jeffro 😀
post #2 of 7 Old 07-21-2017, 10:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
It depends on where the images are stored. There are instructions in the forum frequently asked questions. Click on TOOLS at the top of the forum page and a drop down will come up, then click on FAQs on the drop down, then click on attachments and images to find the instructions.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-29-2017, 08:15 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to skodi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro View Post
Hey guys anyone care to let me know how to attach photos to posts?
Thanks in advance
Jeffro 😀
I generally upload the photos to photobucket.com and then select "Insert Image" when you are writing a new post and provide the link to the image on photobucket.

Here is mine:

06 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
08 Honda CBR600RR
05 Honda VTX 1300C
05 Yamaha R6
06 Yamaha FZ1
07 Honda 919
16 Suzuki GSX-S1000 *

post #4 of 7 Old 07-29-2017, 08:35 PM
mcm

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skodi View Post
I generally upload the photos to photobucket.com and then select "Insert Image" when you are writing a new post and provide the link to the image on photobucket.

Here is mine:
Can you give your personal experience/review of the gsxs vs. FZ1?
Just curious because almost got one a couple of years ago, then I heard that Suzuki was coming out with this one, and obviously got it the first week in came to the local dealer (just personal preference Suzuki/Honda).

Thanks, and have fun with your new bike!
post #5 of 7 Old 07-29-2017, 08:46 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to skodi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm View Post
Can you give your personal experience/review of the gsxs vs. FZ1?
Just curious because almost got one a couple of years ago, then I heard that Suzuki was coming out with this one, and obviously got it the first week in came to the local dealer (just personal preference Suzuki/Honda).

Thanks, and have fun with your new bike!
Hey, thanks for reaching out. Mine was an older generation FZ1. Power wise both feel the same but I feel a lot more confident on the S1000 compared to the FZ1. I sold my FZ1 a few months back. I had it for about 1.5 years and put quite a few miles on it although I just could never get the confidence while turning or going real fast. The S1000 is a whole lot better. Confidence inspiring I guess is what I should say.

Also, I hated the foot pegs location on the FZ1. It was just placed wrong. Or may be at the time I was into super sports - had the R6 at the same time...

I did tune the FZ1 as well on the dyno and it had the power commander, a custom exhaust etc and had a similar amount of power on paper. However, the S1000 feels quicker and it wheelies much better. Lol. I am sure I can pull up dyno charts for the FZ1 if I searched hard.

Both are fantastic bikes. You cant go wrong with them. I guess its just a personal choice. I generally change my bikes every 2-3 years and I always have 2 in the garage. As of now, I have the Honda 919 and the S1000. The S1000 can easily be a direct replacement of the FZ1. And although the Honda 919 is inferior to the FZ1 power wise, I love to ride the 919 over FZ1 any day. Thats just my personal opinion. I am sure there are thousands of FZ1 lovers out there but it wasn't the bike for me. Perhaps I have ridden better bikes. :-) Or may be other bikes better suit me...

I am sure I have enough experience riding wise to say what works for me and what not. I ride about 55 miles each day commuting and I ride 9 months in a year in spite of living in Seattle. :-) So yeah, thats my opinion...

When I took the S1000 to Nels at https://2wheeldynoworks.com/ yesterday, he asked me the same question. Which one do you like? The FZ1 or the S1000. :-) He is a technician and knows his stuff. He is extremely good at it. If it comes from someone like him, the FZ1 must have been a great bike. Just not for me.

06 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
08 Honda CBR600RR
05 Honda VTX 1300C
05 Yamaha R6
06 Yamaha FZ1
07 Honda 919
16 Suzuki GSX-S1000 *

Last edited by skodi; 07-29-2017 at 08:53 PM.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-29-2017, 09:13 PM
mcm

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks,
Haven't spent so much time on the internet (besides work related) until this forum.
The reason was that a couple of weeks ago decided to post in relation to what a great bike this is, and to many people complaining about it.

You can probably find my review "47k review, and 47k clutch plates (change)".

Haven't had an inline 4 in 20 years or so (since the 90's, V's/street & singles/dirt). So to myself not being able to cruise at 20 mph or less was normal from memory (and not a big deal at all), and between 2500 -3000 rpm not being like a V or a single.

Hope you enjoy this bike as much as I have.

cheers
mike d likes this.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-29-2017, 09:21 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Garage
I just drag and drop *.jpg's from my desktop but there is a size limit, so I sometimes have to resize or reduce quality.. (It might also require a certain number of posts, I'm not sure). In fact, right below this box that I'm entering this reply in, is a white box with a dotted outline that says "Drag and Drop File Upload" and in the box it says "DRAG FILES HERE TO ATTACH" in big gray letters. It also says valid file extensions are: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page