• 1 Post By CaptainSlow

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 07-09-2018, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
What action cam?

I guess I should put this here admins feel free to move it if it fits better elswhere.

Wondering what action cameras others are using. Yes I know gopro is the best but I see a lot of much more cost effective options for my application. So if your using something other than go pro let me k ow your experience and recommendation. First I'll say I'm not motovlogging or whatever it's being called since last week. Just want something to loop record, water resistant, and preferably under say 140.00 usd. To record my rides for the most part incase of accidents Involving other vehicles since it's not unusual for the motorcyclist to be seen as at fault by default by many. So let me know what your experiences are and i appreciate any advice you can give.

The solution is almost always more throttle!
post #2 of 6 Old 07-09-2018, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby61 View Post
I guess I should put this here admins feel free to move it if it fits better elswhere.

Wondering what action cameras others are using. Yes I know gopro is the best but I see a lot of much more cost effective options for my application. So if your using something other than go pro let me k ow your experience and recommendation. First I'll say I'm not motovlogging or whatever it's being called since last week. Just want something to loop record, water resistant, and preferably under say 140.00 usd. To record my rides for the most part incase of accidents Involving other vehicles since it's not unusual for the motorcyclist to be seen as at fault by default by many. So let me know what your experiences are and i appreciate any advice you can give.

The problem with the cheaper cameras is they tend to have a lot o shake, very poor white balance(makes picture useless on cloudy day), and virtually useless at night.

Your likely best bet is to get one of the better ones off ebay...lots of people buy and barely use.

I like sony cameras a lot...one of the products sony still shines in. There is a reason why so many camera manufacturers use sony image sensors...why not just get the sony?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 6 Old 07-09-2018, 06:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
How about the Go Pro Session? https://www.walmart.com/ip/GoPro-HER...amera/49933596
soosliknj1 likes this.

post #4 of 6 Old 07-09-2018, 06:34 PM
soosliknj1

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I was under the same impression and tried a few cheaper action cams and they all terrible on the bike. They are so so attached to the helmet but really unusable if you mount direct to the bike.

I picked up two GoPro Sessions last month for $50 each at Walmart. Not sure if you can still find them for same price.

Use one for the back and one forward and they are great and smaller then anything else’s out there.

post #5 of 6 Old 07-09-2018, 06:38 PM
soosliknj1

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
When you search on Walmart for GoPro session two will come up, the 4 and 5. Five is the newest but still at @199. Choose 4 and it will say $149 but then go to Choose Locations and see what your local stores have them for

post #6 of 6 Old 07-09-2018, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
That will work I'll check that out thanks to all

The solution is almost always more throttle!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page