43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 112 Old 09-03-2018, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FreedomPenguins 2018 Gsx-s1000.

Here are some before and after pictures with a list of things changed from when I bought her and now. If anyone is curious about any of the products for themselves just post the question and I can help give you the location and info.

-ECU Flash
-ASV levers
-Puig mirrors
-Puig windscreen
-Evo radiator guard
-Integrated taillights
-Halo keyless gas cap
-Rizoma front turn signals
-Clear film on tank and sides
-Throttlemeister - throttle lock
-12 o clock labs speedometer fix
-T-rex frame sliders - no engraving
-Powder coated exhaust shield and exhaust tip
-Seat cowl color matched to bike - bought this off a member
-TST blockout plate for under tail (filled in and made the under tail flush)
gixxerjasen and BKing111 like this.

Last edited by FreedomPenguin; 12-19-2018 at 08:16 PM.
post #2 of 112 Old 09-03-2018, 11:21 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Garage
Really wish I had that color scheme, the black tank leaves room for options! Nice turn signals!

My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 | 1998 KTM 250 EXC | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
Family Bikes: 2006 Honda CRF70F | 2005 Honda CRF230F
post #3 of 112 Old 09-04-2018, 11:56 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Talk to me about the throttlemeister. Their website kind of sucks. Do you like it? Would you buy it again? How do you release the lock?

post #4 of 112 Old 09-04-2018, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I really like my throttlemeisters, ive had 3 sets of them on bikes. I will continue to buy them. I am posting a link of something that looks somewhat informative. Yeah their site isnt the best but the product is quality. I can take a pic closer up of mine later.

I have blue striping and smooth black ends on mine. Shorter ones *you can see them on my pics) (same as stock length pretty close) I had longer ones on my old bike but the bike was larger and looked good on it. Shorter ones on this bike look better.

(I didnt watch it im at work) but this looks probably demonstrative enough.

Last edited by FreedomPenguin; 09-04-2018 at 12:49 PM.
post #5 of 112 Old 09-04-2018, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Garage
Had a set that came on my FZ1 Bee when I bought it and they were nice. Good and heavy to stop the vibes. I never really was able to cruise with them, seems it was always a smidge high or low, but I was able to put enough pressure on the grip that I could hold it steady with my hand with much less tension and that was nice. After I sold that bike I haven't bought them since. I do know some folks love them but for me they were just ok.

My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 | 1998 KTM 250 EXC | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
Family Bikes: 2006 Honda CRF70F | 2005 Honda CRF230F
post #6 of 112 Old 09-04-2018, 03:12 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Garage
Watched the video, I would be more convinced if it showed how to do it one handed while riding.

Blue Naked 2015 ABS model. PCV, Nitron Ntr-1 shock, MRA screen(modified) Puig crash bungs, HEL lines and EBC-HH pads, job done. (Riding since 1959.)
post #7 of 112 Old 09-04-2018, 04:04 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Garage
I have it on the hayabusa and I just use my pinky and ring finger to put pressure on the grip to lock it in.
dekker likes this.

Slow is fast
post #8 of 112 Old 09-04-2018, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I just ride, let off throttle (don’t have fuel cut) so I am going same speed. I twist knob w my throttle hand a little til it grips a little, ornyou can go right

But I like it to freely move if I want to speed up or down you can make it hold it tightly or free moving or just barley hold it. When I don’t want to use it, I just twist it back to the off position. I don’t ever leave it on. I like free moving throttle for riding

I can twist throttle perfectly fine but if I let go, it holds it where I leave it. It’s not hard to do.

Yes, my speedo is 69.5mph via gps and enforcement signs @ 70mph. I programmed it to give me that little difference between 69-70.

I was the first one to have it made for our bike, the company lives down from me so we got it made for my bike. Contact them and you can get it

There’s a clip that unclip into speedo, you clip it into the speedo drd and that clips into it

Don’t know how, but it works

You ride your bike, get the actual speed it’s going via gps. I just went 65mph on bike, I looked at phone said going 65 held it there for a moment to confirm no changes, the bike was like 69 or something like that

You go to their calculator and punch the 2 numbers and it gives you a sequence of clicks to do on the machine. Bam. Fixed it does the difference like a computer, that gets displayed in speedo instead of the wrong number so the thing corrects the difference

I’m on phone sorry for crap text. I am not good at explaining. A good thing about this is, if you change gearing or anything like that. You can redo the process and change the algorithm offset and have a new corrected speed.

http://shop.12oclocklabs.com/index.p...&product_id=59

They don’t have the site updated since they made mine but they do have the correct wiring and all that, so call and ask. It isn’t cheap. I think I paid like 80-100 but it’s worth it.

I buy one for every bike, I cannot stand not knowing the speed I’m going. Don’t care if it’s only 7-9% it’s awful guessing and pacing cars

One ticket saved pays it off is my logic

Last edited by FreedomPenguin; 09-04-2018 at 06:31 PM.
post #9 of 112 Old 09-07-2018, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
How do you like the windscreen? I bought one like yours but clear. Iím afraid of it making my bike look ugly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #10 of 112 Old 09-10-2018, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozay View Post
How do you like the windscreen? I bought one like yours but clear. I’m afraid of it making my bike look ugly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never saw this, I really like it. It definitely made the bike enjoyable to ride after going from gsxr to this, I was not happy with wind resistance. I ride highway 80% of time. It was unbearable to me at 70/75mph no windscreen. The puig was a beautiful and welcomed addition. I like the way it looks myself. My old bike had a puig, and it was clear, but had smoke on the bottom. does yours?

I went back because I dont actually look through it, unlike the gsxr. so black matched the dark theme of bike.

IMHO. I like it more with the windscreen than without (looks wise purely) its pretty sweet. look at my before/after photos and you can see its just blah without a screen. I think our bikes deserve a screen unless you ride all city/low speed areas. I also was against sliders, but here I am with a set and its grown on me.

Our taste change once we realize how useful something is.

Last edited by FreedomPenguin; 09-10-2018 at 12:25 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page