2018 and 2019 model years. What’s difference between them? - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

 20Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 03-13-2019, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2018 and 2019 model years. What’s difference between them?

Hi. I’m going to buy new gsx-s1000. But Suzuki Korea offers some discount for 2018 models, it costs approximately 1000$ less, than 2019 model. Do I need to buy 2019 model? I have read some throttle issues with old models. And I’m not sure that I can find ecu flasher guy here. Thanks in advance.
Op3nyourmind is offline  
post #2 of 23 Old 03-13-2019, 10:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Cainus83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Toowoomba, QLD, AU
Posts: 274
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Op3nyourmind View Post
Hi. I’m going to buy new gsx-s1000. But Suzuki Korea offers some discount for 2018 models, it costs approximately 1000$ less, than 2019 model. Do I need to buy 2019 model? I have read some throttle issues with old models. And I’m not sure that I can find ecu flasher guy here. Thanks in advance.
As far as I'm aware they only made colour changes for 2019. The 2018 models already have the improved throttle etc. Save some $$ and get the 18 😉
Op3nyourmind likes this.

When life throws you curves, lean into them.
Cainus83 is online now  
post #3 of 23 Old 03-13-2019, 10:51 PM
Senior Member
 
PhuketPaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Phuket. Thailand
Posts: 1,235
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainus83 View Post
As far as I'm aware they only made colour changes for 2019. The 2018 models already have the improved throttle etc. Save some $$ and get the 18 😉
The 2019 does have have an "improved Throttle", they have introduced a variable cam at the throttle body end, in effect giving a built in throttle tamer with slower initial opening of the throttle for a given movement of the wrist
Kassu and Op3nyourmind like this.
PhuketPaul is offline  
 
post #4 of 23 Old 03-13-2019, 11:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 694
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
id buy the 18 model if you found a color combo you want.
oldjackbob and Op3nyourmind like this.
FreedomPenguin is offline  
post #5 of 23 Old 03-14-2019, 05:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Cainus83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Toowoomba, QLD, AU
Posts: 274
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
id buy the 18 model if you found a color combo you want.
Black and red to be precise 🙂

When life throws you curves, lean into them.
Cainus83 is online now  
post #6 of 23 Old 03-14-2019, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks guys!!!
The saddest thing is that korean official dealer didn't tell me anything. I suppose because of language barrier.
That's why I decided to ask here.

I couldn't find any info on the official web page too...



Then that's make sense, I want to get red&black maybe blue))) I'm not sure yet.
Op3nyourmind is offline  
post #7 of 23 Old 03-14-2019, 03:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 694
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Op3nyourmind View Post
Thanks guys!!!
The saddest thing is that korean official dealer didn't tell me anything. I suppose because of language barrier.
That's why I decided to ask here.

I couldn't find any info on the official web page too...



Then that's make sense, I want to get red&black maybe blue))) I'm not sure yet.


I went with blue and black, but I love both colors equally. I will say this, the red really stands out. but I love blue

I’m slightly bias. Blue crew for the win.
mike d and Op3nyourmind like this.

Last edited by FreedomPenguin; 04-11-2019 at 03:41 PM.
FreedomPenguin is offline  
post #8 of 23 Old 03-15-2019, 11:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Australia.
Posts: 834
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
I went with blue and black, but I love both colors equally. I will say this, the red really stands out. but I love blue

Iím slightly bias. Blue crew for the win.
Not wrong FP ! Blu Crew is the marketing slogan of Yamaha !!!!

Rob.
Slower and Slower is online now  
post #9 of 23 Old 03-15-2019, 11:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 694
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Really? Never knew that lol
FreedomPenguin is offline  
post #10 of 23 Old 03-16-2019, 01:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Reagenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 550
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
BLU CRU to be exact.

2016 GSXS1000F
2007 Honda VTX 1800F3
Reagenn is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome