24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 08-31-2019, 02:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Love this bike.

2016. M4 slip on, bar end mirrors, midpipe. That's it. This things is a monster. 8k miles so far. Got 6k out of stock rear. Front needs new soon. Michelin 2CT. For my skill level. Superb tire. Def going up front. For now, fast enough. 160 indicated. Will burn up 600cc sport bikes. 750 about par-ish. 1000, fun up to 130. Then bye bye. I haven't had any issues w throttle, maybe I'm just used to it. Midpipe, and cleaning the cat out, helped deceleration. Smoother engine braking. Super loud. May have to find my old db killer. M4 w cats, just a db louder than stock can..that's all I can think about now. I'm in love with this bike. Stay safe out there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190831_022908_1567233335625.jpg (142.2 KB, 49 views)
post #2 of 21 Old 08-31-2019, 10:44 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Sounds like you are living the dream. Glad you are happy with your bike! That's what it's all about.
post #3 of 21 Old 09-01-2019, 04:00 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)

Living the Dream..!
frog4aday and Gixxus_Lou like this.

post #4 of 21 Old 09-01-2019, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Garage
Looks great! What's not to love? I was riding around on mine yesterday thinking about how great (and close to perfect) the bike is for me.
oldjackbob likes this.
post #5 of 21 Old 09-01-2019, 11:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
Looks great! What's not to love? I was riding around on mine yesterday thinking about how great (and close to perfect) the bike is for me.
My sentiments exactly. Every time I ride I'm reminded again how much I love this bike!
mike d likes this.
post #6 of 21 Old 09-01-2019, 03:44 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Nice bike mate, great colour really pops in the sun
post #7 of 21 Old 09-02-2019, 01:04 AM

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Only way I'll part with my 2016 is if they reintroduce it with a wide ratio tranny in the future.
oldjackbob and frog4aday like this.
post #8 of 21 Old 09-02-2019, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharger View Post
Only way I'll part with my 2016 is if they reintroduce it with a wide ratio tranny in the future.
Agreed! The tranny is my biggest gripe too. For my needs (I commute) 1st gear is too tall and 6th gear is too short, with too-close spacing of the gears in between. On a street bike with this much power there's no need for the gears to be as closely spaced as they are.

And just for the record, I have no real problem with the stock rear shock. It's admittedly rather firm, but 1) it seems to have somewhat mellowed with age (my bike is now over a year old), and 2) a regular minding of tire pressures (38 rear, 35 front) goes a good way toward mitigating any ride harshness, and 3) virtually all of my riding is on fairly good roads anyway.
frog4aday and Gixxus_Lou like this.
post #9 of 21 Old 09-02-2019, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
I just got done doing 200 miles this weekend. Was awesome to ride it for longer than short 20-40 mile stints. Lots of rough roads here in IL and I definitely felt the harshness of that shock at my 200 lbs over the longer ride. Does a Ktech or Wilbers really offer a smoother ride on these rough roads? Will a budget 54x? suffice over the more expensive ones? I'm leaning towards the Wilbers over Ktech because the Ktech exterior reservoir mounting has me a little worried about hitting the tire.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
frog4aday likes this.
post #10 of 21 Old 09-02-2019, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxsdave View Post
I just got done doing 200 miles this weekend. Was awesome to ride it for longer than short 20-40 mile stints. Lots of rough roads here in IL and I definitely felt the harshness of that shock at my 200 lbs over the longer ride. Does a Ktech or Wilbers really offer a smoother ride on these rough roads? Will a budget 54x? suffice over the more expensive ones? I'm leaning towards the Wilbers over Ktech because the Ktech exterior reservoir mounting has me a little worried about hitting the tire.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
I'm only 150 lbs, so my experience might not match yours, but your description of harshness over high speed bumps does. Mine was spine jarringly stiff. I ordered a K-Tech for my weight (160-190 with gear), and low and behold the spring rate was the same as stock. Even so, it its worlds better and the adjustable compression damping can make it ride about a plush as I could ever want. No more dreading every bump in the road.
gsxsdave and frog4aday like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page