29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 Old 09-08-2016, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Poor MCN Review (UK)

I note that this week’s Motorcycle News (UK) has a test of the GSXS-1000F compared with the Kawasaki Z1000SX and the Honda 650. The Suzuki was slated for poor fuelling and suspension and came third! Tester Urry just didn’t like it and found it hard to ride - he couldn’t find much positive to say about it in his test report. I thought he was harsh. The bike takes a bit of getting used to the throttle response and the handling is a bit choppy and uncomfortable on bumpy roads, but it is nimble, very rapid and smooth. The vibration the test complains about doesn’t bother me - my former BMW K1300S was buzzier and harsher. Its worth a read though.
post #2 of 44 Old 09-08-2016, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Each to their own really, I looked at the Z1000SX and rode a Tracer 900 before I bought my F. Found the Tracer to be nice but boring and I got an amazing deal on my F compared to what I would have paid for the Z1000SX from which I've already read it doesn't handle amazingly. Wouldn't have put the 650 (CBR650F?) in the same category, closest thing to it would be a VFR
post #3 of 44 Old 09-08-2016, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
is the CBR650F considered a super sport like CBR600RR & CBR1000RR?

it seems to have clip ons

post #4 of 44 Old 09-08-2016, 09:11 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Every single report I've seen or read have moaned about the the fueling, even on the later produced bikes...
post #5 of 44 Old 09-08-2016, 09:26 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage
It's interesting as there's loads of reviews that rate the GSXS over the Z1000. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I've always bought bikes emotionally. This bike has me tingling at the prospect of riding her, having huge fun whilst riding her, and looking over my shoulder at her when I park her up.

Making sure I don't go into the garage after a few beers, or the Barry White might come out... :S

2010 Ducati 1098 Streetfighter S
2016 Suzuki GSXS-1000
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa
2007 Honda CBR600RR
2007 Hyosung GT250R
post #6 of 44 Old 09-08-2016, 10:03 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
The CBR650F is an intermediate with clip on bars but mounted above the top yoke. It is a piece of crap.

I bought one before my GSX S1000F- I sold it in 3 months as whilst it was a good handling bike the engine is the worst 4 cylinder I have ever owned for vibration.

Just look at all the rubber on foot pegs and anti vibration weights under the pegs also. This bike is missing a counter balance shaft and Honda know it has serious vibration issues.
Mine was so bad that as fuel tank emptied, the tank would vibrate at 100KPH in top gear so bad you had to hold knees away from the tank.
Honda were no help in assisting and I know several other owner with same concerns.- All lost big cash dumping them and 9 months later the dealer that traded mine is unable to sell it as reputation is now that bad.

The GSX S is a far superior bit of engineering
tonyt likes this.

Last edited by redbeard; 09-09-2016 at 02:14 AM. Reason: spelling errors
post #7 of 44 Old 09-09-2016, 01:44 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESXB0Y View Post
It's interesting as there's loads of reviews that rate the GSXS over the Z1000. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I've always bought bikes emotionally. This bike has me tingling at the prospect of riding her, having huge fun whilst riding her, and looking over my shoulder at her when I park her up.

Making sure I don't go into the garage after a few beers, or the Barry White might come out... :S
Funny you should mention this... i have a carport in a secured "gated" area, and i make any excuse to go outside the house to have a perv on her. :P
ESXB0Y likes this.

2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 Blue
post #8 of 44 Old 09-09-2016, 03:23 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard View Post
The CBR650F is an intermediate with clip on bars but mounted above the top yoke. It is a piece of crap.

'"was a good handling bike the engine is the worst 4 cylinder I have ever owned for vibration.

Just look at all the rubber on foot pegs and anti vibration weights under the pegs also.
This bike is missing a counter balance shaft and Honda know it has serious vibration issues.

The GSX S is a far superior bit of engineering"

100% agree with the vibration quote from Redbeard.
I was looking at one and after testing the naked (and it just doesn't gel as a naked either) and the dressed one, the vibration was constantly loud all the time, bars, pegs, seat, everywhere. The GSXS1k is Goldwing smooth in comparison believe me.

Rob.
post #9 of 44 Old 09-09-2016, 05:36 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Garage
Well im all for crap reviews as it makes my bike more exclusive. If idiots are willing to buy their bikes based on what someone else has said. You would have thought a decent journalist would spend ten minutes looking on the owners forums for each bike and put some pro tips like TPS adjustment etc.. getting feedback from 'real world' owners.

Surely everyone test rides these things before buying!?!
tonyt and vnuh like this.

Last edited by blueglue; 09-09-2016 at 05:38 AM.
post #10 of 44 Old 09-09-2016, 07:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0n4g3 View Post
Funny you should mention this... i have a carport in a secured "gated" area, and i make any excuse to go outside the house to have a perv on her. :P
I have a camera on mine which is linked to my phone, I look at it about 4 times a day more if it detects sound or movement.
I've adjusted the position several times for a better perv aswell

People should test ride any bike before buying and can't understand why they wouldn't.
Many manufacturers are struggling to build smooth motors with good throttle response and more power than the last model these days because of emissions, this won't be getting better in years to come either.

I do think suzuki are daft not addressing this issue though, they have known about it for some time yet have not done much to resolve it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
ESXB0Y likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page