New streetfighter from Harley - Page 5 - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 49 Old 09-01-2018, 06:26 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Its interesting, isn't Harley the the flat track racing bike maker/provider? I always found that weird because they seemingly have nothing to do with the hog/cruiser style they are known for. Point being, doesn't that show you can be successful in two very different categories? I think if the bike performs, it will sell. Didn't KTM do this, just from the dirt bike world? Maybe we will get a 1000cc Vespa in the future
post #42 of 49 Old 09-01-2018, 12:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dqban View Post
Its interesting, isn't Harley the the flat track racing bike maker/provider? I always found that weird because they seemingly have nothing to do with the hog/cruiser style they are known for. Point being, doesn't that show you can be successful in two very different categories? I think if the bike performs, it will sell. Didn't KTM do this, just from the dirt bike world? Maybe we will get a 1000cc Vespa in the future
Harley was successful at dirt track because : a)they were the only show in town, or b) the rules were skewed in their favour (where and when competitors did show up).

One can hope they change their poser ways with the Streetfighter (great looking bike with lots of potential if done right, especially if they end up with a 1200cc version), but I guess we'll have to wait and see. They have kind of painted themselves into a corner with their marketing strategy.
post #43 of 49 Old 09-01-2018, 12:56 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 409 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikstr View Post
Harley was successful at dirt track because : a)they were the only show in town, or b) the rules were skewed in their favour (where and when competitors did show up).

One can hope they change their poser ways with the Streetfighter (great looking bike with lots of potential if done right, especially if they end up with a 1200cc version), but I guess we'll have to wait and see. They have kind of painted themselves into a corner with their marketing strategy.
Harley does have more competition lately,

and Harley's flat track dominance may end soon.

post #44 of 49 Old 09-01-2018, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
what do you mean "may"? Indian has been mopping the floor with them for the past 2 years. Of course, the distraught Hoggers say Indian brought a purpose-built racebike to the party, but Harley did the exact same thing for decades with the XR750. As the old saying goes, "if it's good for the goose, it's good the gander".
post #45 of 49 Old 09-01-2018, 06:39 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 409 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikstr View Post
what do you mean "may"? Indian has been mopping the floor with them for the past 2 years. Of course, the distraught Hoggers say Indian brought a purpose-built racebike to the party, but Harley did the exact same thing for decades with the XR750. As the old saying goes, "if it's good for the goose, it's good the gander".
Sorry, I really don't keep up on flat track racing. Just found the articles as I was checkin out MotorCycle Daily or some other site.

Last edited by mike d; 09-01-2018 at 06:58 PM.
post #46 of 49 Old 10-07-2018, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
its also $21 grand
post #47 of 49 Old 12-11-2018, 09:28 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I am optimistic about the prospect of an American Street fighter quite frankly I really don’t think performance numbers are all that important in this segment if you wanted to squeeze out maximum potential on two wheels you’d be getting a super sport anyway! ride a naked bike because I wanted something aggressive looking with a lot of low End power that I could zip through traffic on and terrorize the countryside with I mean honestly even if it was 600 pounds and 90 horse power it would have plenty of performance to get my ass put in jail on a daily basis and if I could do that on a Harley Davidson that would be fantastic I can also live out the childhood Dream of getting the leathers from Harley Davidson and the Marbro man that Mickey Rourke wore 😎👍
LEAVEITSTOCK likes this.
post #48 of 49 Old 12-11-2018, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 532 Post(s)
did you look at the xr1250 one of the best looking bikes I ever seen...that will hall butt....street fighter will be fun
post #49 of 49 Old 12-23-2018, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAVEITSTOCK View Post
did you look at the xr1250 one of the best looking bikes I ever seen...that will hall butt....street fighter will be fun
wrong info 2020... 1250 roaster ....not the xr .....that will be in 120 hp range 100 tq

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page