Administrator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Attention - Password and Security Update

Hello all,

Over the next few days we will be implementing some changes to our forum password strength and password expiration policies. To make sure you continue having the best experience possible on the community, we regularly monitor the site and the Internet to keep everyone's account information safe. We've recently become aware of a potential risk to some accounts coming from outside of this community. Just to be safe, we are implementing the following changes to improve security even further:

1) We are asking everyone to change their passwords (and will force a one time reset). Along with every user on the forum, new passwords will need to be more complex, and can't be simple words (sorry, you can't have "fluffy" as your password anymore!). Please use a password unique to this community. Reusing passwords can expose your account indirectly when other websites (Twitter, Linkedin, Badoo, etc) are compromised; and

2) Your passwords will expire on a 365 day basis. When you login on the 366th day, you will have to change it.

We'll also be sending out an email to users to let them know about the changes, in upcoming weeks.

Thanks all,

Helena

Community Management
post #2 of 8 Old 06-23-2016, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Garage
...why does this site need a stronger password than my bank?
Ambajd, Detroitdawg and LuckyGS like this.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-23-2016, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSENTERNCC1701E View Post
...why does this site need a stronger password than my bank?

That's what I'm thinking.

post #4 of 8 Old 06-23-2016, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Garage
Ditto, I use the password I use because it's easy for me to remember, wanting it so long with upper case, lower case, numbers and symbols seems a bit OTT, may become more bother than it's worth, I like to check site out if I have a spare few minutes to see what other owners have done to there bikes, or any problems others are having and fixes that have been found.
USSENTERNCC1701E likes this.
post #5 of 8 Old 06-24-2016, 12:41 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
one request would be to include this information in the email saying "Your password has been reset by an administrator. Your new details are as follows:"'
i just tore through all my account changing passwords and setting security stuff up all over the place as i had that moment of "OH CRAP I MUSTA GOT HIT BY A KEY LOGGER"
after going through this hassle i log in to this website to find out there is really nothing to it
post #6 of 8 Old 06-24-2016, 06:05 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxs1000admin View Post
Hello all,

Over the next few days we will be implementing some changes to our forum password strength and password expiration policies. To make sure you continue having the best experience possible on the community, we regularly monitor the site and the Internet to keep everyone's account information safe. We've recently become aware of a potential risk to some accounts coming from outside of this community. Just to be safe, we are implementing the following changes to improve security even further:

1) We are asking everyone to change their passwords (and will force a one time reset). Along with every user on the forum, new passwords will need to be more complex, and can't be simple words (sorry, you can't have "fluffy" as your password anymore!). Please use a password unique to this community. Reusing passwords can expose your account indirectly when other websites (Twitter, Linkedin, Badoo, etc) are compromised; and

2) Your passwords will expire on a 365 day basis. When you login on the 366th day, you will have to change it.

We'll also be sending out an email to users to let them know about the changes, in upcoming weeks.

Thanks all,

Helena

Community Management
I have successfully changed the password and I can log on with my PC and iPhone but my iPad continues to come up with the popup now not allowing me to use the forum on it, I have shut down safari and tried to reopen but I am continually being blocked by this popup, any ideas ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1466762580769.jpg (106.6 KB, 9 views)
post #7 of 8 Old 06-24-2016, 06:15 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Garage
Never mind, its gone now after trying for a while

Previous bikes
1982 YZ80J
1977 TS185
1981 XR500
1994 GSX750 Katana (Popup)
1981 GSX1100
1999 GSX750F
2008 GSX1400
Current bikes
2005 V-Strom 650 Blue
2016 GSXS1000F Blue
post #8 of 8 Old 08-06-2016, 03:27 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Garage
Back again to new password, this is more bother than it's worth, if it asks again I'm gone, so thanks for all the info, and pics I have seen while I've been on the forum.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page