17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 Old 03-21-2017, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Clean up the forum format?

Has anyone considered cleaning up the forum layout? There are too many forums and the way they're laid out is confusing. It's difficult sometimes to try and figure out where you should post. Then good luck trying to remember where you posted or saw something on a particular topic. For starters, a few examples: there's a New Members Intro in the GSXS forum, and Owner's check-in in Ownership. The sub-forums under Ownership are just threads in any other forum. And why is there a faired-specific forum under Related Models? It's not related to GSXS, it IS one. Someone with some organizational skills could consolidate and pare this down to less than half the number there are currently, and it would be less confusing and more user-friendly.

--Gary

2016 GSX-S1000F, Red/Black
2014 V-Strom 1000
2012 DR650
2011 Burgman 400
2007 Honda Helix
2013 DL650 - Sold
post #2 of 28 Old 03-21-2017, 10:24 PM

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Agreed. When this was first setup, someone went and-over categorised things. We need fewer areas, in my opinion.
CaptainSlow and chuck like this.
post #3 of 28 Old 03-22-2017, 06:39 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
I agree far to confusing ....

post #4 of 28 Old 03-22-2017, 10:06 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Never once had to look at it. I use tapatalk and only tabs I use are unread and following.
If I need to search for anything I use Google as every forum search is utter w*nk, twice as quick to use Google.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Joe Garfield likes this.
post #5 of 28 Old 03-22-2017, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Bacon View Post
Agreed. When this was first setup, someone went and-over categorised things. We need fewer areas, in my opinion.
"Someone went and..." - meaning an admin or moderator? Or is this something that average members can do?
post #6 of 28 Old 03-22-2017, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
That would be an admin thing

What do you guys suggest to clean it up a bit?

It does seem that most sections do get used (except Recalls, but I think that's a good thing!). Are the descriptions misleading? Does it need to be listed in a different order that makes sense?

Let us know your thoughts

Dayle
post #7 of 28 Old 03-22-2017, 10:27 PM

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Garage
It seems like a lot of sections could be consolidated as stickies under fewer main forum sections. If you want suggestions I'm happy to spend a little time looking at it - when I have some spare time which probably means over the next weekend.
post #8 of 28 Old 03-23-2017, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Garage
Hey Joe and anyone else with suggestions,

Yes, please. Specifics would be highly useful as we can cater to the community's needs and wants. You guys use this often and you know the site best on how it could be better. When you have the time, let us know what areas can be removed if they are lacking action there, which sections to be consolidated as stickies under fewer main forum sections, etc.

Any feedback/suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Cheers,
Natalie
Joe Garfield likes this.
post #9 of 28 Old 03-24-2017, 04:36 AM

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxs1000admin View Post
Hey Joe and anyone else with suggestions,

Yes, please. Specifics would be highly useful as we can cater to the community's needs and wants. You guys use this often and you know the site best on how it could be better. When you have the time, let us know what areas can be removed if they are lacking action there, which sections to be consolidated as stickies under fewer main forum sections, etc.

Any feedback/suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Cheers,
Natalie
I'll have a look at the structure, and make some suggestions early next week. I'd personally like some geographic-centric areas, so people can come together and share relevant, local information. I'd also like to offer my services as an admin, if it'll help you. I've plenty of experience, so PM me if this is something that may help. Cheers.
tonyt likes this.
post #10 of 28 Old 03-24-2017, 10:31 AM
Administrator

Garage
Hey guys,

Let us know when you can.
All input is valuable and we will make the changes once everyone has come to a conclusion.

Just doing a quick look through, I have a couple suggestions myself.

Under the Ownership section, we could merge the Check in area, What did you do to your GSXS 1000 today, and Reviews under one subsection and label it something along the lines of "About our bikes".
Cheesy name, but the message will be to make the section a hub for chatter about member's bikes. The photo and video section can also be thrown into the Owner Check in area. (possibly even a sticky?)

The insurance, Competition and Pricing sections could also be jumbled into one section covering Finances and help on how to purchase a bike.

The maintenance, and troubleshooting sections would also benefit from being under the same umbrella.

Keep in mind this is coming from an outside perspective and I look forward to hearing what the team has to say.

Richard.
tonyt likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page