What MOTORCYCLEiD is All About? Get the Answers in this Post - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 10-07-2019, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
What MOTORCYCLEiD is All About? Get the Answers in this Post

Welcome to the MOTORCYCLEiD section of the forum! Our team represents one of the largest online stores in the country that can become your one-stop-shop for all the needed motorcycle parts and accessories. As avid riders ourselves, we know firsthand that it is crucial to take proper care of your beloved bike, maintain and repair it timely. That is why we have created the MOTORCYCLEiD.com

This online store has everything from riding gear, apparel, maintenance products, components for upgrades and everything in between where you can have a pleasant shopping experience and get all that you may ever need to service, fix, or enhance your machine. MOTORCYCLEiD.com is a relatively new website, but it continues to grow day-by-day adding new brands, products, and features helping users find exactly what they are looking for, just like its sister website, CARiD.com where you can get everything that you may need to transport your bike to your favorite riding spot.

MAIN PRODUCT CATEGORIES
  • Helmets
  • Riding Gear
  • Body Armor
  • Accessories
  • Parts
  • Wheels&Tires
  • Lighting
  • Electronics
  • Maintenance
In our posts, we share useful information about new releases, best product picks and the ways they can improve your riding experience, some tips and tricks, news about innovations in the motorcycle scene, provide product video reviews, and much more. We would like to encourage you, our fellow gsxs1000.org forum members to join the conversation, let us know what you think about products we promote, ask us any questions in the threads or personal messages, and we will be glad to help if we can. Thanks!

QUICK LINKS

MOTORCYCLEiD - HOME PAGE
| COUPON CODES | MILITARY DISCOUNT | HELPFUL GUIDES & ARTICLES

We're new here and we don't want to bother the forum community with annoying ads or irrelevant advertising.
Please let us know what parts/gear/accessories would you be interested in the most - and we'll make our posts as much useful and relevant for the community as possible!
broncsrule21 likes this.

Must-have Suzuki GSX-S1000 Parts & Accessories — MOTORCYCLEiD.com

Got any questions? Get advice from our bike experts in Live Chat or Call Toll Free: 888.903.4344

Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Instagram | Pinterest

Knowledge base: Helpful Motorcycle Guides & Articles

Last edited by MOTORCYCLEiD; 10-07-2019 at 11:16 AM.
post #2 of 14 Old 10-08-2019, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 434 Post(s)
Hi!

What is the brightest/most reliable "best" direct replacement headlight bulb you recommend for the GSXS 1000? Price?
Thanks
scrub975 likes this.
post #3 of 14 Old 10-09-2019, 04:15 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapido1 View Post
Hi!

What is the brightest/most reliable "best" direct replacement headlight bulb you recommend for the GSXS 1000? Price?
Thanks
Hello!
If you are thinking about a halogen bulb for replacement, then I would recommend a High Performance Halogen bulb by Lumen: https://www.motorcycleid.com/lumen/x...eid=2092647466
It is one of the most reliable and trustworthy brands on the market.

In terms of brightness, nothing can compare with LED conversion kits these days. The best value for money, in my opinion, is the Vision CSP LED Conversion Kit by DS18: https://www.motorcycleid.com/ds18/vi...eid=1267827254
It produces up to 8000 lumen (high beam)

Note: I have checked the fitment for the 2016 Suzuki GSXS-1000. Please check if the products fits your bike before buying it, or you can give me your model year and I will check it for you. Thanks!
Beaker likes this.

Got any questions? Get advice from our bike experts in Live Chat or Call Toll Free: 888.903.4344

post #4 of 14 Old 10-09-2019, 07:34 PM

Thanks for your reply, I do not want an LED conversion, just easy replacement. The Lumen Halogen bulb you recommend looks good, but was curious what is the lumen output? I do not see this info in the text. Would you have that info?
post #5 of 14 Old 10-09-2019, 10:10 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Thanks for your reply, I do not want an LED conversion, just easy replacement. The Lumen Halogen bulb you recommend looks good, but was curious what is the lumen output? I do not see this info in the text. Would you have that info?
These guys are just a new website for CarID. The Lumen bulb is not motorcycle specific. If you want a much brighter MC bulb use an Osram Night Racer. They make an H7 and H4 so both the F and naked are covered. Lumen might be good, but Osram makes a zillion bulbs and the Night Racer is MC specific..
post #6 of 14 Old 10-09-2019, 11:05 PM

Thanks Mike, was putting out a "feeler" question for "MotoID", to see if their recommendation was in line with previous threads on the subject.
The naked takes 2 H7's, correct?
post #7 of 14 Old 10-09-2019, 11:28 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Thanks Mike, was putting out a "feeler" question for "MotoID", to see if their recommendation was in line with previous threads on the subject.
The naked takes 2 H7's, correct?
Naked takes one H4. H4 is dual filament
F version takes 2 H7's I guess..
mike d likes this.
post #8 of 14 Old 10-09-2019, 11:43 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisker View Post
Naked takes one H4. H4 is dual filament
F version takes 2 H7's I guess..
Correct.
Talisker likes this.
post #9 of 14 Old 10-10-2019, 04:29 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I've researched the matter a little deeper. The thing is, the light output of halogen bulbs directly depends on the wattage (mostly). For 55W Lumen bulbs is means around 900 lumens.
Also, I found out that one of the brightest halogen bulbs on the market are Sylvania® - SilverStar Halogen Bulbs (H4)
They have 1500 lumen light output on a high beam.
If you need even brighter high beam, then consider Flosser® Ultra Halogen Bulbs (H4)
(up to 1650 lumen)
In terms of motorcycle-specific applications, check these bulbs that have vibration protection: PIAA® - Xtreme White Plus Halogen Bulbs (H4)

Last edited by MOTORCYCLEiD; 10-10-2019 at 04:39 AM.
post #10 of 14 Old 10-10-2019, 08:31 AM

Thanks for the suggestions, not sure why you say the the PIAA is "motorcycle specific"? $76 is a little steep when only needing 1 bulb (I have a naked GSXS, so just need 1 H4 bulb). But I guess will have to buy a pair ... anybody using any of the above 3 suggested?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page